Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The xB has been my favorite car since I first saw one on the road. Then I got a job as a tech at a toyota dealer and I got to know the car inside and out. Needless to say, the xB will always be one of my all time favorite cars. I was lucky enough to buy one for myself a couple months ago and am very pleased to be part of a community that shares my interest in such a unique vehicle.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Welcome to the family, I too have loved the XB since the first time I saw one back in 04, I found my RS 5.0 in Feb and was lucky too get it as my first car, hope you enjoy your B as much as we all enjoy ours.

·
Registered
844 Posts
First,welcome to the forum HotBox. Now that you know the xB,are there any things that you like or dislike? Do you have any projects that you plan on doing? Just asking for your thoughts.
Dale

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are very few things I dislike about the xB, the foremost being how easily the interior scratches. I also don't seem to be getting great gas mileage, around 22 mpg, but then again I do all city driving. I put premium in and it seems to help, but whatever. I love how roomy and comfy it is to drive. When the girls and I go shopping we always take my car because of all the room. Not to mention that I once had 6 dining room chairs tetrised in there, when I figure out how to post pics in a post I will have to do that cause it was rather impressive. Project wise, I want to put different tail lights on, I'm thinking to OE euro kind but not sure. I want to paint my calipers, possibly black, I've seen a couple ground effects kits that I like but don't have an extra grand laying around, I would love to do some led lighting in the interior but splicing wires terrifies me. There are plenty of ideas on the site and my idea list continues to grow.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
There are very few things I dislike about the xB, the foremost being how easily the interior scratches.
I also don't like how easily the black interior shows scratches and scuff marks. I wish Scion would offer other interior colors besides black. Toyota offers the choice of gray or tan on their mainstream cars (Camry, Prius, Sienna, or Corolla) and the lighter colors disguise scratches and makes the interior seem bigger. Even the Toyota Matrix offers gray or black.

But, I suppose the single Scion interior color (black) keeps the overall cost down, and fits into the Scion "youth" dynamic.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Young and broke pretty much sums it up for me, haha. I do see a couple other scions around campus from time to time and I think mine looks pretty good compared to them. Atleast the interior has a bit of a two tone theme, the pillars and headliner being grey and everything else black. But I do agree that other options would be nice.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I also wish our xBs came with 6 speeds, both manual and automatic. I agree our MPG should be better, even with our toaster aerodymanics.

How I wish the 2011 TC drivetrain was in our cars! Or at least their transmissions...

·
Registered
647 Posts
Welcome to the site. Mine is an 09 BSP too. You are not too far away if you ever want help with your lighting mods.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:D OMG that would be awesome! I definitely want the lights that fit in the front airdams and some LEDs to light up the foot wells. I'm always open to other suggestions also...

·
Registered
647 Posts
Oznium.com for the vent lights. I would also use oznium for the wheel well lights. They have great products. I am off on the weekends so any time you want to make the trek over I can help. I also have a lot of spare blue LED bulbs (map and dome) for the interior along with a large color variety of PLLC LEDs for the gauge cluster. We could change that awful amber out for something different. I even have a spare gauge overlay that I am not using if you want it.

Let me know. I am happy to help a fellow xB owner.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oznium.com for the vent lights. I would also use oznium for the wheel well lights. They have great products. I am off on the weekends so any time you want to make the trek over I can help. I also have a lot of spare blue LED bulbs (map and dome) for the interior along with a large color variety of PLLC LEDs for the gauge cluster. We could change that awful amber out for something different. I even have a spare gauge overlay that I am not using if you want it.

Let me know. I am happy to help a fellow xB owner.
That is a very generous offer, thanks a ton! Vero Beach is about 3 1/2 hours away from me, so I will see what I can manage on my own or if I can con my mechanic friends into some help, hehe. I put white LEDs in the dome and maplights, and holy cow, they are super bright. I kinda like the orange color of the gauges, but I don't like that it doesn't match the blue/white from the radio. I want something that is easily readable during the day (hence, the orange) and that would match the radio. Any suggestoins? And what does the overlay look like? I've seen a few, but wasn't too crazy about any of them.

·
Registered
647 Posts
That is a very generous offer, thanks a ton! Vero Beach is about 3 1/2 hours away from me, so I will see what I can manage on my own or if I can con my mechanic friends into some help, hehe. I put white LEDs in the dome and maplights, and holy cow, they are super bright. I kinda like the orange color of the gauges, but I don't like that it doesn't match the blue/white from the radio. I want something that is easily readable during the day (hence, the orange) and that would match the radio. Any suggestoins? And what does the overlay look like? I've seen a few, but wasn't too crazy about any of them.
Depending on which radio you have, some of them will allow you to change the color.

I dont have any problems seeing my gauges during the day. This my current setup from LEDMod.com

I have a NightWerks Black and Blue overlay that if you want it, you can have it FREE. Here it is (The pic is a bit dark but the gauges are very visible:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The blue is sooo pretty! Keanu seems to approve lol. And it would match my radio... I have the pioneer radio, not the base but the one with a smallish lcd screen. Have you thought about painting the cluster except for the circles around the gauges?

·
Registered
647 Posts
Sounds like the Premium unit. I had that one too before I switched to the SNS-200. The color can be changed on that unit.

I have thought about it many times and people that see it like the way it is. I probably will at some point. I also have a vinyl kit for the interior, but decided against using it for now.

I am always changing things. Particularly the system in mine has changed no less than 6 times. I have bought and sold several amps and subs. I almost like where I am with it now. Going to change the box one more time before I buy anything else.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have thought about it many times and people that see it like the way it is. I probably will at some point. I also have a vinyl kit for the interior, but decided against using it for now./QUOTE]

I looked for a long time to find the kit that I wanted that wasn't $300. I ended up getting an aluminum finish that matches the silver around the gear shift and air vents. And all the pieces fit great except for the window switch and the piece that goes around the radio has a bigger gap than I like, but I'm going to order the one from toyota when I have some extra $ to burn. I think the kit looks great, the speaker surrounds, door panel inserts and other assorted pieces help to break up an otherwise bland interior.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Interested.... Pics?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
...I can't figure out how to post pics in a response :/

·
Registered
647 Posts
...I can't figure out how to post pics in a response :/
You need to have a photo hosting page. Like photobucket.com, cardomin.com, facebook etc. Do you have something like that?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thats kinda weird, so you have to click on the links to see the pics or will they populate in the message? I have to move the pics off my phone and to my facebook in that case...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.