Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone,

this a late introduction, (sorry), but never to late, I'm in Austin Texas.

our story (my wife and I ), we bought a 2011 black xB back on march 2011, used with about 25k miles, we did not know much about the xB, we like it and bought it
then we realize that they offer the special edition ( release 8.0 ) and previous 7.0
mmhhh....
long story short, we wait and trade the 2011 for a 2014 release 10.0
not as many features as the 8.0, but anyway, I think we get a good deal

we have so many plans for this xB,
so far this is our plan

dark titnt due to Tx weather ( completed )
rear bumper aplique
blind spot mirrors
18" rims and tires
mudguards ( still pending to decide )
add more green light below the rear seats
add some LED running day lights ( still thinking where is the best spot )
fog lights
rear bumper stop/side marker LED
and something else.......
so mant ideas and no time to complete them, but we will eventually

we like a lot the xB, nice style, and it is the new addtion to our family, (other 2 previous cars before the xB arrive. lol ) my wife has a back fussion and the xB is automatic transmission, it is great, nice looking car and comfortable at a good price of course :)

I start to take pictures, and I like it, so I would like to share them with you fellas

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
we did the arm rest yesterday, change the fabric to a fake nice leather :)

here are some pics

Attachments

·
Registered
846 Posts
Nice color. White is neutral and allows you to do a lot of different themes.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Lookin good.

btw, yours already comes with drls, in the faux cheek vents.
thank you guys, I so want to catch up with all of you...... but it will take me long time to update the xB,

theses fauz cheek lights (vents) are parking lights, only lights up when we turn on the lights, I would like to buy a tube of LED lights and somehow install them inside of the headlights..... however I do not want crack them in order to open them, still is a plan..... in fact the upgrades are very slow due to work schedule, doctors appts, and now the holidays.....

also I want to ask.... I saw a nice white mud flaps ( see pic) where I can buy them ???
I check ebay but no luck

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They look like the jdm ones painted. I like the ones from trdSparks better. They are black plastic though. But you could get them painted if you really wanted.
that make sense, thank you

in the other hand.... surfing the web I saw this pic, I really would like to get the kenstyle kit, if anyone wants to sell the kenstyle kit........
Please Please let me know, I really like how it looks in white :wink:

Attachments

·
Registered
601 Posts
Welcome! Nice job on the armrest. I have to say I do really like the picture you posted of the white mudflaps, it kind of extends the wheel well and is formed to look more like body than flaps. Definitely paint them white whatever kind you get :)

·
Registered
206 Posts
thank you guys, I so want to catch up with all of you...... but it will take me long time to update the xB,

theses fauz cheek lights (vents) are parking lights, only lights up when we turn on the lights, I would like to buy a tube of LED lights and somehow install them inside of the headlights..... however I do not want crack them in order to open them, still is a plan..... in fact the upgrades are very slow due to work schedule, doctors appts, and now the holidays.....

also I want to ask.... I saw a nice white mud flaps ( see pic) where I can buy them ???
I check ebay but no luck
The led strips are actually daytime running lights, it became standard in 2013, your car also comes with the reverse camera, wireless cell phone charger, green tinted white paint, green footwell light displaying the limited model #, piano black interior accents etc.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I so wish that..... we really try to find a secret switch or something.... but no :(

we went back to the dealership..... however we knew way more about the car than the sales people.... :(

we may have to wire them with a relay to the cigarette light wire, so they work after the igntion its on

another idea it is just to add a pair of LED lights from ebay or some other place

last... crack open the headlights to install a LED light or LED Halo...... but we really do not want to destroy the headlights

the green paint accent is kind of hard to see it, only us ( xB people ) will know that

the back up camera is cool, and the piano black accent in the dashboard it is sweet too !

the cellphone charger in the center console..... not that good..... it is either with a special case ( just for iphone or samsung s5 ) in our case we have droid ultra max ( me) samsumg galaxy note 4 and 2nd gen nexus google tablet ( wife )..... so we use the litle disc to hook up these devices but it move and stop charging.... not good

we use the 400w power inverter with usb too, so we can charge them all at the same time with no problem ( also the laptop )

·
Registered
661 Posts
Im sure making the cheek lights as true drls would be a simple wire switch to the ignition somewhere.

The headlights will come apart with some baking. Yes in the oven. And careful prying. There have been a few on here who have done so. Painting usually.

Good luck

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
my nightmare

We have a 2014 scion xb release 10.0, mainly for my disable wife, it is an automatic transmission, anyway…
On Tuesday 02 24 15 someone tried to brake in on our scion xb, the rear window is all shatter L
The window hold in place due to the tint and I think the window seal
Is a new car, but the bumper to bumper guarantee , do not cover vandalism ( nothing missing )
My insurance gave me 2 options, fix it with their 3rd party service ( aftermarket parts) or fix it and bring the invoice to them and get back some (few ) money back …….
So, we decide to fix it with original parts, we called to the scion Toyota certified collosion center, told me that the original Toyota scion window need to be order, I agree, went over their office and paid $585 , ( wow!! I thought ) but I want original parts and certified technicians……. Right ?????

scion Toyota certified collosion center called me on firday, the new window it is here, bring the car on Monday, I took one day of my vacation time to take the car
I got there, was told that the technicians will be here shortly, ok…… I will wait……
Suddenly, a pick up truck, with 2 teenagers, park behind my scion, and start to remove the shatter rear window,…. ( Oh Lord ) I walked over there and ask them…. Are you 2 guys are certified technicians…. ?
They do not answer me….. after a few seconds of silence, one turn around and ask me, are you the owner of the car? I quickly respond YES
I went inside and complaint that I paid for certified technician to work on my car and not 2 teenagers from craigslist !!!
They send a guy ( wearing a Toyota scion shirt ), came with a big screwdriver and use it to remove the rear spoiler… !!!!!!
I was in shock, with a heart attack, I told them to stop !, I went to the manager, told him what it happen and the horrible service, I demand the manager, ceo , whoever is above to fix my car as soon as possible and install the rear window somewhere else, ( since I already paid for it )
The manager offer me a rental car while they fix the scratches on the paint from the screwdriver…… they promise me that will be ready by Thursday 03 05 15
I pray to the Lord that my car it is fix by that time, take it and I may have to drive all the way to Houston to the other Toyota scion certified center,
Yesterday, I made so many phone calls, all the scion dealers use third party services , they provide me with phone numbers, but when I called them to ask if they know how to install the rear window…. They make me have second thought due to their answers…..
Oh yeah, we do that, just come over, will be $150
Mmmhhh….. let me check…… yes, we do that, for $ 162.06
Oh, the technician will decide if you need the seals for the window
Pretty much the same answer from every single car glass place
Then I called the Houston scion Toyota certified center, ask if they know how to install the rear window, I was transfer to a guy called Mike, he told me that he is the one who install the window and not a third party, ask me if beside the window, if I have the upper dam, lower dam and the kit (glue)…. Mmmhh… interesting, finally, someone who knows how…. Told me, if I want to drive over there, I need to call him back, make an appointment and expect at least 4 hours installation time.
Then, I called my local dealer and order the upper dam and lower dam, the sides ( right and left) are already on the new window…. They will be here on tomorrow Wednesday

So, now, I’m praying that my car is fix correctly by Wednesday, then make the appointment and drive all the way over there with some more plastic on the back as a rear window
May I please ask you guys any advice? Any experience ? do’s and do not’s ?
I may draw myself in a glass of water right now, I just do not see why this nightmare, I did try to get the correct reputable establishment and not a craigslist person who does not know how……..
Please help !!!
Sincerely
Vito
P.S. in the pictures the damage do not look as bad as it is in person. And for the record I not look either dress like bin laden …. Lol

Attachments

·
Registered
601 Posts
Wow that sounds horrible. The scratches, geez. I know they don't do any paint work at the Toyota-Scion dealer I go to, so they may have called another third party to fix those scratches as well. I feel bad for you and hope you get your car back looking 100%.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yes you are right, horrible experience

if you live in Texas
never ever go to alamo scion toyota certified center, they are NOT certified !!!!

their managers start doing the blame game, ( oh, you sloud talk to the collision dept...... I go there, then.... oh you need to talk to the servide dept.... )
was really crazy!!

finally got my car back, they repair the damage that they made to my car

now, I need to tint the window again, got an alarm ( of course ) and I hope my insurance can reimburse me at least 90%

again....
if you live in Texas
never ever go to alamo scion toyota certified center, they are NOT certified !!!!

I send a formal complaint to scion corporate

sincerely

Vito

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
in the middle time......while waiting for Scion Corporate to respond........

the customization process it is slow..... but Rome was not build in one day...lol

on our xB we add the rear bumper applique, looks much better !!

Attachments

·
Registered
601 Posts
It's hard to tell for sure from a photo but wow that color looks just right to me! It actually seems like maybe 5000k. I may have to try those. I gave a pair of led bulbs from iJDMTOY/Amazon a try that were supposed to be "xenon white" but were much too blue for me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.