Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the upper grill bolt over the existing grill? or does it actually replace the factory one?

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
I also have the Fig Engineering grills. The stock grill is intact and can be put back on if I decide to trade the car. The cost wasn't bad either. I got the brushed aluminum for less than $100.

·
Registered
93 Posts
My biggest complaint with the fig grill is the gap at the top of the grill when the hood is open. Thats why you have to cut the grillcraft grill. Sorry I still havent put up the pics I've been busy as hell recently getting raedy for a roadtrip and I normally only am on the forum when I have downtime at work. I will do my best to remember putting them up tonight if not it will be when I get back.

On the otherside its fn sweet that the fig grill comes with the lower portion and its accomidates the factory fogs.

·
Registered
124 Posts
nice grills reddragons and hellen4wheels i almost got the grillcraft grill but then i got to thinking how hard would it be to make a grill havn't had the time to try it but i was wandering if anyone else had the ideal ans time to try it :rofl:

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I remember reading about someone having a chicken wire grill, I don't remember who, though. it looked good, though.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I saw somewhere someone who did it, I wasnt really a fan. I'm extremely happy with the grillcraft grill. It was a bit pricey and cutting my grill kinda sucked. But it looks really nice and theres not a gap like there is with the fig grill, which is why you have to cut for the grillcraft grill.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hey i just finished installing all 4 grille pieces. its not very hard just time consuming. besides having to take off the entire front end its a pretty simple install. i took picks of the process if your interested

·
Registered
46 Posts
here is the car with the stock grills on still
here is what you have to do for the lower grill install. you have to take the front bumper piece off
and here are all 4 pieces installed.
the install is actually pretty simple. the hardest part of the install is taking the bumper off and for the upper grill you have to cut the stock grill away from the top piece. i have more pictures but i dont know where my camera is. ill get some more soon. but the instruction online are very good step by step. i used a dremel to get a clean cut on the top grill. hope this helps

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.