Scion XB Forum banner

GrillCraft Grilles

10K views 34 replies 10 participants last post by  Capt Richard 
#1 ·
I contacted GrillCraft to see if/when we could expect grilles for the '08 xB. This is their response:

Yes we will be releasing a upper and lower grille for the 2008 Scion XB
release date is about 1-2 months out, once this releases we will have this
up on our web site.

#5 ·
Do the GrillCraft grills replace the stock grills entirely?? Also-anyone know how difficult the install is?

#8 ·
Yeah...on the GrillCraft site you can now purchase the upper only, lower only or lower 3 piece set.

Their FAQ's stated that all the grills (except for some Toyota trucks) are bolt on and do not require drilling...so I would assume that they are replacements for the grill.

Maybe I'll just shoot them an e-mail!

#9 ·
TunerChick said:
Yeah...on the GrillCraft site you can now purchase the upper only, lower only or lower 3 piece set.

Their FAQ's stated that all the grills (except for some Toyota trucks) are bolt on and do not require drilling...so I would assume that they are replacements for the grill.

Maybe I'll just shoot them an e-mail!
i just sent an inquiry - will post response when it arrives ;)

#11 ·
here is Grillcraft's response:

Thank You for your interest in GrillCraft grilles!

If you want the lower three piece the part number is TOY1853, and the upper grille is TOY1852.
Here is a link for this vehicle.

http://www.grillcraft.com/applications/2008_Scion_XB.aspx/1|6/682/
[links for top piece and lower grill alone are near top of page]

it looks like the top piece is sold separately from the bottom 3 piece set - $378.15 for both sets w/ shiiping & tax to California ;)

#12 ·
It looks like I was incorrect in my prior post about the grilles covering the stock ones... looking at the installation instructions, I see that you need to cut apart the stock grills to provide a frame for the grillcraft grilles to mount onto... The side vent grilles are covers - you do need to drill into the stock faux grilles for those.

#17 ·
I do have to say that for a Japanese car it is rather expensive. Usually the Japanese cars are cheaper. However you have to remember that this car has been out for what, couple months. It's all new stuff and there isn't any competition right now for mods. This xB would have to really take off for there to be lots of different company's to compete for price. Although now that they share and engine with the TC that helps. If they start making other platforms with the same engine performance mods will drop.

I am a bit used to it though. VW's are pretty popular now, as compared to when I bought my first one, and parts for they still cost and arm and a leg sometimes.

#19 ·
The installation wasn't that bad... I think it only took a couple of hours and probably mostly because I hadn't taken off the bumper before. The most nerve racking part was cutting the top grille apart. The top part of that grille is used to frame the new one, and a jig saw made short work of that. I spent a lot of time trying to make it look perfect only to find that the cut part, as long as it's close, is mostly hidden. I completely removed the bottom stock grille and replaced it w/ the new one. The side vent grilles are just covers, but you could easily cut out the stock inserts and use the frame. I can't wait to see it w/ the radiator/condenser painted. It stands out pretty bad at some angles, as you can see in the second pic above...

#20 ·
Did you take any picture of the installation? Is it possible to remove the fake side vents without removing the bumper? I would like to do something with those side vents but I don't really want to remove the bumper if I it isn't necessary.

Looks good, nice job!

#21 ·
You can probably reach those from the wheel wells, but you'd probably need to take off the wheels for room. Taking off the front bumper isn't that hard... There's about ten 10mm bolts & clips on top and 8 10mm bolts on the bottom, plus a couple bolts & clips in the wheel wells and it pulls right off.

Sorry, no pics of the install... I printed out the PDF from trdsparks.com for the fog light installation (here) and used the instructions included w/ the grilles. It was pretty straight forward. I'll try to remember to take some pics when I remove the bumper to paint...

#23 ·
$400 is a bit steep.. even a 3pc set. The one I got from ssuperstore/ebay was mid 200. You could go the ghetto way like we used to do back in the days with hondas.. use stainless mesh u pick up at home depot.. zip tie the ends.. would look good from afar as long as no one really goes up close to examine them. U can probably do all 3 pieces for less than 80 bucks. :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.