Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) I'm getting this grille, as soon as I get back from Christmas travels:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SCION-XB-BB-FIG-FIGURE-CUSTOM-CAR-GRILL-GRILLE-08-2008_W0QQitemZ230206009578QQihZ013QQcategoryZ33645QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I was thinking Flat Black Powder, but am undecided whether to get the xB emblem, or just go totally debadged. (won't let me hotlink - it's a script. Scroll down to the images, and look at the first and last grilles.) What do you'all think? I like that he uses the trunk emblem off center rather than the grille emblem.

2) Any thoughts on blacking out the radiator? Anybody done it? Tips? Avoid?

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
It looks good and I know a lot of people stand by FIG, but I'd prefer a mesh style w/ smaller openings. It looks more like gutter guard from the hardware store, IMO, but will still look better than the mismatched stock grilles...

I bought the radiator paint to black out the condenser, but haven't done it yet. I'm waiting until I have the bumper off to install grilles, so I can do it all at once. Time has just been too short w/ the holidays & whatnot... Make sure you get radiator paint though as it's made specifically for that and will dry thin enough. I got it here :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
I don't really care for that style of grille but I might like it in black. The light colors give it a generic or cheap look. I would like to change the stock grille too. I think scion could do better in the grille design department. I never really liked the grille on the gen1, that's why I traded it in "just kidding" ha.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmm... who has the mesh stuff? I assume by mesh you mean woven? So far I had only seen perf, and the holes are too small for me on the perf I've seen. But if mesh is somewhere in between I might go for that.

·
Registered
47 Posts
So urbansix, did you get your grille from figure eng. Hows it look was it easy to install and what was the price.
I'm lookin at their grille in flat black for my classic silver Gen2 Xb. I think it 'll look cool

Lone Wolf...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts