Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys and Gals,

I have been searching the forums for a thread like this. I couldn’t find one so I created this one.

I am very interested in getting HIDs but I would have no clue as to where to place the ballast. For those of you who have HIDs would you mind taking a picture and post it on here so that other and I can have a clue as to where we can put the ballast.

Very appreciated,

xBam

· Registered
214 Posts
daytime photo:

night time photo:

right ballast placement:

so basically, from surfMOMster & CrewMaxter (including me), you want to place your ballasts away from an area where you will get a lot of heat. why? your ballasts also heats up when on. too much heat, the ballasts implodes.

· Registered
240 Posts
surfMOMster said:
Installed 7 months ago. It's rusting. Gotta spray it with something before it gets worse.

This is the same area, where I placed my ballasts. As far away from the engine (heat), as possible.

· Registered
240 Posts
kingburger said:
daytime photo:

night time photo:

right ballast placement:

so basically, from surfMOMster & CrewMaxter (including me), you want to place your ballasts away from an area where you will get a lot of heat. why? your ballasts also heats up when on. too much heat, the ballasts implodes.
KingBurger, you said this is 10K? I have 6k, but it look alot like yours in daytime.

· Registered
214 Posts
EPHIOS said:
KingBurger, you said this is 10K? I have 6k, but it look alot like yours in daytime.
tricky thing with HID, from what i have noticed, in certain angles color varies. 10K in general is brilliant blue. however, sometimes, my 10K shows a slight purple accent. maybe yours will do so as well with observation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.