Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
286 Posts
Mine are plug and play. Two wires plug right in to the stock light connector.

· Registered
783 Posts
none ever. the only problem i've ever experienced is my dad ordered a pair, and the wire was reversed on the plug, so we just had to pop out the wires and switch 'em around.

$25
http://www.ddmtuning.com

· Registered
286 Posts
The only problem I have is that sometimes only one side turns on. I just turn the lights off and on again and that will fix the problem. Probably a loose wire somewhere...

Mine were hand me downs from my friend, but I believe they go for about $60 a set

· Registered
979 Posts
I believe Santa ordered a kit from Mengmotorsports for my xB. We'll have to wait until next week to find out for sure. :p I looked up reviews from all over the web. ddm definitely has the best prices. Their reviews, especially with customer service, were very mixed though. Meng was a little more; I think around $115 pair including an extra wiring harness to run power directly from your battery. I liked the youtube vids of someone beating their ballast with a hammer and it running submerged in a beaker of water. Maybe all brands will do that though, I don't know. I didn't dig up any bad reviews on Meng either. Experience is the best test though. We'll see next week.

· Registered
979 Posts
Many posts at various forums think 55 watt HID's are too bright. Post up your thoughts after you've lived with them a few days. I may get a second set for my fogs and thought about buying 55's and moving my 35's to the fogs. I don't want to blind everyone. I would think the cut-off should prevent that though.

· Registered
151 Posts
Im bought a set of 6000K from a local shop that ive used for all my cars HIDs over the years. The kit was a 35W and was super easy plug n play. The next day i was a little disappointed to see that they had given me 1 6000K and one 8000K!!!! I called them up and they said theyll switch it out for me no problems hahaa... Its just times like these that im glad the guy is in the neighborhood and not across the country. As for the 55W i heard they could mess up the electrical system??? Not sure but the 35's are enough for me :)

· Registered
783 Posts
I've heard that DDM's ballasts are 55w, but I don't know for sure. and my car is fine.

· Registered
979 Posts
I think I read somewhere that the ballasts were the same. They just have different bulbs.

· Registered
151 Posts
Just got back from the shop and the problem was that i had one 35W ballast and one 55W ballast. Both bulbs were 6000K but the one with the 55W ballest looked SUPER White, almost like the Prius. Now both bulbs look the same. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.