Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
To clarify; these are only suitable for our low beam projectors; don't try to use them anywhere else.

I also recommend sticking with the Philips because it's the same series that our car comes with as OEM (Philips H11 LL vs Philips H9)

·
Registered
844 Posts
Interestingly, talking of headlights, Saturday night,after leaving my daughter's house, I turned on the headlights and they didn't come on. The other lights lit up but not the headlights. I followed a pickup truck most of the way home. Yesterday, I found that the fuse for the relay harness for the HIDs had melted, not blown as it should. After replacing the holder and new fuse, everything seems to be OK. The original installation was done about 4 yrs. ago,so I don't think that the fuse is too small.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just a quick note - the H11 to H9 conversion works well for our cars. No adjustment of the headlight is needed (the cutoff stays in the exact same place) and it really is about twice as bright; brighter than you're going to get out of a cheap HID kit.

Bulbs

More info on what to do
Any cutting required of the top metal piece? The RX8 post did but in the 4runner thread someone said it fit fine without cutting, just to get rid of the tab in the socket.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.