Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gah, so yesterday I pull into my work parking lot and it starts to hail. Just a little. As I'm about to make a run for it, a golf ball sized hail hits my car. Next thing I know, for 10 minutes straight we are getting hit with a mix of marble size to golf ball size hail. I ended up with a decent size dent on one fender, 2 on the other where it curves up to meet the hood (One about halfway between windshield and light, the other two are by the lights). I stopped counting at 10 decent sized ones on the hood, and 10-15 on the roof. They range in size from pea size to quarter size. Not excited.

Progressive says they can get an estimate on it Aug 13th >.<

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
Custom paint?

Hehehehehe

Good way to make the best of a bad situation . . .

·
Registered
430 Posts
have you filed an insurance claim before? they breeze you through and make it super easy, at least in my experience. It's exactly nothing like health care insurance.

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Been there!
although I can't provide much help as the dealer and dealers insurance covered mine as it was still on the lot

·
Registered
177 Posts
Oh man, sorry to hear man. Hope it all gets fixed up asap!

·
Registered
314 Posts
That freaken suck hope it all gets fixed

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was able to convince progressive to get me in this morning. So I have a grand prix rental car while it gets fixed. Hopefully they can fix it quickly and get me back into my car (as I absolutely love my xB)

·
Registered
976 Posts
Hail damage sux. I'm glad it's getting fixed.

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Sorry to hear about the pontiac rental too
:p

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry to hear about the pontiac rental too
:p
Haha, I actually don't mind the Grand Prix. It's orange, which is my favorite color, and my first car was a grand prix and I loved it. In fact, the only reason I didn't buy one instead of this is because they got rid of pontiac. Now I'm so glad I got my xB though.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
fuuuuuuuuudge. I just got off the phone with the body shop who informed me that "The hail damage is bad enough that we will need to bring in someone who specializes in Hail damage. There are only two in the area and they are busy so we don't know how long it will be before they make it."

·
Registered
976 Posts
fuuuuuuuuudge. I just got off the phone with the body shop who informed me that "The hail damage is bad enough that we will need to bring in someone who specializes in Hail damage. There are only two in the area and they are busy so we don't know how long it will be before they make it."
Sounds like paintless dent repair...probably better than trying to fill them with bondo.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Just have the insurance get you a new xb!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sounds like paintless dent repair...probably better than trying to fill them with bondo.
Yeah, that's what it is. Apparantly there are only 2 guys in the area that do it. They are taking care of it on Tuesday. Preliminary estimate was $2k in damage, about 100 dents of various sizes throughout.

·
Registered
314 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
WooHoo I'm sure you'll be happy to have it back!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just went threw the same thing , insurance on mine was $4,400 ,hood ,roof ,fenders ,pass. side doors,tailgate upper,vent visors,

I got 3 estimates and ended up getting it repaired by a paintless dent repair guy , he did a **** of a job , good as new and no bondo or miss matched paint

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.