Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
good morning everyone, Im the new owner of a xb release 10.0, before I had a xb 2011, since now I have a special edition, I want it custom, I want add halo headlight, day running lights, I saw a few on ebay but it only fits 2010, does anyone know about the 2011--2014 models ??

sincerely
Vito

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Congrats on your Release 10!

Unfortunately not as many custom headlights or tailights for the 2011-present xBs, even tho the number of years for them (4 years) is now greater than 2008-2010 (3 years).

I thought the Release 10 already has lights in the front "cheek" vents?

Some of us have added our own DRLs, either in the "cheek" vents (see how I did it on my 2011, link in my signature), or in the front grill.

See links below for Phillips DRLs installed in the front grill:

http://www.newscionxb.com/131-audio-electronics/9670-un-official-daytime-running-light-thread.html

http://www.newscionxb.com/123-2nd-gen-scion-xb-talk/17714-drls.html

·
Registered
149 Posts
I did a similar install to what BrickPig has wrote up on his website with the eagle eye LEDs. If you're at least slightly handy with wires and on a budget, I highly suggest going that route. I did, and though it wasn't the quickest DIY I've done, its certainly worth the time and effort.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I want something like this for my xb 2014

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHROME-DRL-LED-HALO-PROJECTOR-HEAD-LIGHTS-LAMP-SIGNAL-AMBER-08-09-10-SCION-XB-BB-/370961029434?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3AScion%7CModel%3AxB&hash=item565f00193a&vxp=mtr

the accent lights, the ones on the side of the bumper, those lights turn on with the parking lights.... but they are not that bright,
the sales guy and his manager told me that those accent lights were running day lights and that I can control them from inside..... pure bull......ht, ( excuse the french )

I want ( if possibile ) make those acccent lights brigther, much brighter, I do not know if I cand change the bulb, if so... I will put a LED lights to make them brigher, but I have not look if I can do it or not yet

other future modifications that I will do:
super black titnt ( here in texas we really need it )
change the front parking lights bulb to LED to make them brighter and white ( real white )
HID lights ( 5000k) at 55w
add rims (18 inches)

hope all these make sense

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
If you cant change the bulbs but still want to make a change I'm sure you could sell your stock "cheek" lights to someone as ive seen a few people looking for them. Then you could put in any type of lights you wanted.

Although if you can change the bulbs that would definitely be the easier way to go :p

·
Registered
601 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new B!

About halos - I've seen several companies selling do-it-yourself halo kits which are basically a halo LED bar and you have to unseal and open your headlight, put it in place, and seal it back up. They come in different sizes so you can find one that fits around the projector pretty well. They look pretty good, but personally I don't want to try cracking open my headlight. I could mess something up and those aren't cheap.

CarID has some along with an installation video. I even saw some at the LED shop near me called DiodeDynamics.

Our 2011+ cars have now been in production for longer than the 2008-2010 so you'd think they'd have things out there for them, but I guess either they haven't been making as many as they expected or all the rumors of them ending the xB every year have put the damper on aftermarket parts.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Opening the headlights isn't that scary. Just be careful and do research. I added demon eyes to mine. I have more plans for a second set of projectors and some paint, but I wanna do it all at once

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes, I saw on ebay that they sell the little halo led light, the big issue.... is to open the headlights.... I do not want to do that, I search on the web and I saw some guys that bake the headlight in order top open and then bake them again (oven) to seal them again...... I do not want to do that

I may find a spot on the front bumper and just stick a strip of LED white light and wire it into the ignition key.... kind of .. running day lights... hope make sense

so far.... I will order a pair of LED parking lights and a HID 55watts low beam 5k bright white and then decide on the "running day lights" issue

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.