Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Roughly three years ago I was working on a wiper mod and about 2/3 the way through I somehow misplaced my ignition key
! I had to bring my spare into service and you can believe I since searched likely places hoping to find it, and more than once
!

Last Saturday, whilst clearing a cluttered part of my garage, in the bottom of a big box containing ShopVac hose extensions, I found it
! Halleluiah! My daily key is once again my spare and my original is now back on duty
!

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Congrats on the find.

My "everyday" key is one of the copies. My originals are, intentionally rarely used and the non-electric one isn't. It is the pristine form for those and all future copies.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Congrats on the find.

My "everyday" key is one of the copies. My originals are, intentionally rarely used and the non-electric one isn't. It is the pristine form for those and all future copies.
Perhaps I get you, I've no interest in subscribing to the basic blank. My original provided door lock/unlock and worked great with my aftermarket security and ignition. I just really like having a backup :)!

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
The electrics originals are great. I do use that one, esp. when traveling with the kids and/or getting bulky cargo. The auto lock/unlock is helpful.
My wife confiscated the other remote, one her mass-o-keys. My ideal keyset is 2 or three keys. Car, home, and maybe work. That's it.

Like I said, congrats on finding them.

That reminds me . . .
I've thought of getting a third electric, getting it programed and keyed-> won with a Toyota logo modded into a bull head.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.