Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
quick question for you guys/gals...

don't care one bit about the aero benefits (if any at all) about the rear spoiler...

but am curious about whether or not it prevents a lot of dirt/water/muck getting stuck and drying up the back window while cruising at highway speeds/around town.

just seems like my back window never stays clean after it rains or snows.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
It actually does help some. I use my wiper much less now than before, but still have it installed.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I took the suggestion one member made and put Rain X on the back window and it really helps keep it clear.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I installed a rear spoiler and decided it was a mistake. It's hard to clean under there when road spray gets on it and the glass directly under the spoiler. Forget an automatic car wash getting that area clean, it ain't happening. I really like the idea of rainx tho.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Really~? You think the factory spoiler is a mistake? I have a new Crimson mica and have been seriously considering shelling out the $300 for the spoiler - like the way it looks and hoped it would keep the rear cleaner. Not a good idea? Comments?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for the info--- I'd guessed it didn't help much. But, even more impressed with your spelling of 'negligible' and 'aesthetic'. Still, I think I'd like to put one up there - as soon as I can get up the nerve to drill into this nice, new Scion!

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
The Gen 1 has a much larger surface area on the mounting area than the Gen 2.
I was planning to tape mine on, till I saw the actual piece and relatively small
face" it has between the metal and spoiler. Mine has tape on it, along with 2 bolts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.