Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother had a mr2-spyder and it had 2 catalytic converters as well. The mr2 guys gutted the one on the header to prevent engine failures if i remember correctly but not sure. My question is , by gutting the cat , does it still pass emissions? The scuba tank is so large that i would think gutting the header cat wouldnt really matter. The reason for gutting would be to increase slight throttle response and a bit of a growl but if it doesnt pass emissions i wouldnt do it. Anyone have an idea? Also for the cel eliminator , couldnt we just just do the cel fix with combining two anti fouler and drilling one out?

·
Registered
37 Posts
It wouldnt pass emissions if you gut the cat. If your state/location perform a full blown tail pipe emissions test then it would fail. To be honest, the convenience of having a slight throttle increase and a throatier sound is really not worth it in my opinion.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.