Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK here's a stupid question can you install a header and still keep the Cat???
If so which header would you all reccomend? I have an 09 Xb w/tsudo dual cat back currently
and i just want to add a little more to the sound. Thanks for any help you all can lend!

Semper Fi
Joe

·
Registered
318 Posts
im sure you could replace the cat in the stock header with a high flow cat. that would free up a lot of the restriction

·
Registered
782 Posts
joe6022 said:
OK here's a stupid question can you install a header and still keep the Cat???
If so which header would you all reccomend? I have an 09 Xb w/tsudo dual cat back currently
and i just want to add a little more to the sound. Thanks for any help you all can lend!

Semper Fi
Joe
It depends on which cat you're talking about. You can easily replace the OE exhaust manifold with an after-market header, but you'll lose the pre-cat. There is no header available that includes a pre-cat. Still, the critical cat is probably the main one between the pre-cat and OE cat-back exhaust -- often referred to as the "scuba" (rather large combined cat and resonator).

Personally, I wouldn't mind installing an after-market header myself, but I'm not at all sure what to expect at the inspection lanes when they check emissions :(!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.