Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what you guys recommend ? I was looking at Weapon R headers and they come w the S pipe, also was probably going to get the Weapon R CAI ? Anyone have any of these ? I dont think they make a full exhaust system but would be nice to stick with one brand for all of it...Thanks

·
Registered
43 Posts
hi fellow boxer

it would be nice to stick one brand.....if the company brand is paying you. just my stinky opinion sorry

anyway...i am currently running the following set up with a few missing pieces left

weapon r headers
weapon r s pipe
weapon r o2 extension...so your engine light wont turn on
injen intake....can be used as cai or sr. currently using sr
tsudo v1 dual exhaust called fireball

i live on a small island called guam. pretty much like a small city if compared to stateside....only takes 3-4 hours and you have gone around it already. mileage wise....im getting 25 a gallon. daily driven.....occasionally opening it up when the roads are empty of any vehicle or pedestrian on both sides. its pull with my set up....feels awesome. although with gas prices around here at 4.97 for regular and 5.27 for premium.....i tend not to do it often unless payday is around the corner.

you dont really have to stick to one brand. my other stinky opinion would be.....buy parts that benefit you and not the company

·
Registered
183 Posts
iceman is spot on in his post, please don't limit yourself to one company. Why?
You'd be missing out on quality products and affordable prices. Keep in mind a lot of parts are very similar. Intakes, exhausts, headers, its all piping, you're paying for the metal. Needless to say you get what you pay for, like a header from ebay for about $130 (cxracing for example) doesn't even compare to the gorgeous weapon r header, and the weapon r is priced much higher.

But there are some brands that have fair prices for what you get. I have tsudo catback just like iceman. highly recommend it, the sound is awesome not too loud, fits the xb2 well, dual looks awesome and its full catback. I believe its like $300. Most brands like Greddy HKS Tanabe their exhausts are like $400+ and they're usually on axleback not catback.

I also have an injen intake just like iceman, but I'm running the full cai with a hydro shield on it. Intakes are just piping some intakes on ebay are actually really good quality I know that because my cousin used to mass produce gti/jetta 2.0t intakes, I helped make mine and a couple of them years ago when I was in the vdub scene. Intakes are simple just make sure the filter is quality. I went with injen just because I got a great deal and I loved the way it sounded and looked under the hood (I have black finish)

I don't have a header because I'm still under warranty. I'm going to wait two years to add one as that when my warranty is up. WeaponR is quality for sure, its just a lot of money. I'm like the new tsudo and there was promotions for like $299 for it with the s-pipe. Love my exhaust by them so I think that'd be a good choice.

Tsudo exhaust if you're interested I'd go here for the best deal : ERZ performance sells CNT Racing, Tsudo, DBA, Walbro, Ksport, Megan Racing and Perrin.

Anything else for your xb2, I can't say enough good things about Bean Garage and their customer services, awesome dudes there, Spencer knows how to run a great shop.
Scion xB Aftermarket Parts | Air Intake, Clazzio Seat Covers, Exhaust, Suspension

good luck with your xb2 man !

·
Premium Member
2011 Scion xB Release Series 8.0 SoundWave
746 Posts
Mods

Weapon R is a great brand and if you are stuck on having bragging rights for a name and an empty wallet continue on and dont read below.

Oh still reading? I'm a tech with many recommendations on my list, most of whom are CEO's and presidents of big name companies. That aside, buying because of name or fab is stupid and a waste.

My gear all came from eBay at a quarter the cost:
$125.00 CatBack exhaust
5 5" Oval Muffler Tip Catback Cat Back Exhaust System 08 11 Scion XB T2B 2AZ FE | eBay
$65.00 True Cold Air Intake, not a shorty suckin hot air
08 11 Scion XB Polish Cold Air Intake Induction 10pc Aluminum Fender Washer Kit | eBay
$38.00 Strut Tower Brace Front
Front Upper Strut Bar 05 06 07 08 09 Scion TC 2005 2006 | eBay
$124.00 Headers
2008 2010 Scion XB 2 4L Racing Stainless Steel Header | eBay
$60.00 2" lowering springs
08 11 Scion XB Front Rear Suspension Coil Lower lowering Springs Red | eBay

With these add-ons my car is just as fast as anyone who bought the same name brand gear and I have money in the bank. Difference, I wasn't stupid enough to buy a brand name for bragging rights. Like the idiots that think buying a built car makes them equal to us tuners. "I bought the name brand ones, even though their warranty is the same and does the same thing, because even though you can't see it it makes me feel empowered".

Ok rant is over, play ball!!

·
Registered
307 Posts
I have to agree with evilcalvin. Though I know sometimes off brand can be cheaply made, now a days there are a lot of quality items to be found a lower prices from companies trying to start up. I recently ordered an exhaust from ebay by a manufacturer called TopSpeed Pro1, a small-ish company here in Texas. I wasn't really expecting anything near the quality of what I got but man was I surprised by the fit and the welds. Great quality and it only cost me 150 shipped to my door. When I first started getting into cars I had a mustang and would spare no expense. My exhaust alone was just an x pipe and cat back from Basani, which cost me almost a grand. I had to have name brand. Needless to say I didn't really get too far because I didn't have a lot of money. I am getting a lot of my parts from ebay, and so far I have not been disappointed. Watch out though, because sometimes you do get what you pay for. Just do your research and check the forums to see if anyone else has used the products and I'm sure you can get some great stuff at lower prices and accomplish your goal. I do plan on buying some name brand stuff for my XB, like Raceland coilovers, but I also plan on playing it as smart as possible and making my limited tuning budget go as far for me as possible. BTW I bought my car used and it has a WeaponR short ram intake. I don't particularly care for it. Its short and is just sucking in hot air and the filter..... well, I've had better. I plan on replacing it with something inexpensive from ebay and probably getting a good filter to go with it. Like MikeyBoy said, intakes are really just piping. Good luck on the modding though. Go any direction you want when it comes to brands, but just make sure you don't end up regretting it for any reason. And make sure you post up some sound vids so we can hear that beast when its done!!!

:cheers:

P.S. - If you stick to one brand, then you don't get to have a ton of cool stickers to put on the rear windshield of your box.... LOL.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Don't forget about Tsudo. Great fit and finish and I got great power gains with the Header, S-Pipe, Scuba delete combo. I also have the K&N Typhoon intake and Agency Power pulley. Night and day performance from stock!!!

I'm running the stock muffler right now since the internal welds broke inside my EBay TRD knockoff muffler causing a very annoying rattle. The stock muffler is actually louder than the one I had on before...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Boat, i like your setup. I'm considering header + s-pipe not the the scuba delete yet. Can you share videos you had post on scionlife thread (aren't available anymore) or any other new you may have? Maybe with your configuration now with the stock muffler. Anything more will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Anyone have Dezod "green" header? If someone please share your impressions.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Your B looks great, but what are those covers on the battery terminals?

·
Registered
978 Posts
...but what are those covers on the battery terminals?
He has aftermarket battery terminals. Something along the lines of these.

They make it easier to add power wires from your amps and other devices to your battery.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I've been researching a lot and here's what I have come up with...let me know it you disagree w something...
Tanabe NF210...pro gonna end up w 17s still want to have clearance and smooth ride.
Injen MR CAI Black
Weapon R 4-2-1 SS Headers w S pipe and CEL Delete
Tsudo Dual Fireball Exhaust...I don't want something loud and I think this may be too loud w the headers and S pipe ? Any other suggestions w these mods ? Borla is too loud for me...I want something decently quiet on the highway at 3000-3500 rpm but still will give me some performance...Thanks !

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have almost the same set up.....the exhaust youre thinking of with that set up will only be loud if you jam on the pedal. If youre just cruising....its just a deep growl. Dont forget to tightened the cel delete or itll rattle like ****. Had to get mine welded cause i couldnt find the bolt for it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What exhaust do you run ? Custom ? There is a muffler on eBay that is wrapped in carbon fiber that sounds great on YouTube...but then again who knows what's done to his car...I usually don't like the universal muffler...but really just want a full exhaust system that sounds good.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The taudo dual exhaust you had in mind will do ok....

Right this moment im just not running any exhaust. My car is currently running open from the scuba cat. My low end torque right now sucks. Im thinking of saving up for the tsudo scuba delete and im also thinking of saving for the borla since you said its kind of louder than the tsudo.

I live on an island.....emmissions here arent as strict as they are in the US.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.