Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a marker bulb that came out and is sitting in the bottom of the lense. :mad:

In taking out the headlight lense/housing, do I need to remove the front bumper?

I have everything loose and feels like theres hook tabs under the bottom holding it to the bumper.

Hints from those who have swapped or removed headlights. No not just the bulbs :p

Thanks In advance.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Another suggestion: instead of removing the headlight, put some adhesive tape at the end of a bent wire coat hanger, then go "fishing". The wire coat hanger allows you to bend it in order to better reach the loose bulb. Good luck!

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Brick. Good write ups as always.

Btw. The 5 littler plastic push pins. Push them in more to remove them. The center part. I found out on accident. Only because there were no side slats to get a screwdriver under to pop up like the bigger ones.

Well out I go to get this bulb out.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
The 5 littler plastic push pins. Push them in more to remove them. The center part.
I've seen that style before, but I don't have those on my front fascia. (See the 3rd and 4th pictures in my website article.) Maybe Scion changed something. On mine you definitely have to pull the center parts up and out to remove the small and large push pins.

Well out I go to get this bulb out.
Good luck!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
I used one of those extension magnet things. Go in through the turn signal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts