Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried blacking out the backing of their headlight and the yellow reflector? I've looked around and found aftermarket ones that are blacked out but is kind of pricey. I've thought about plasti-dip them and using transparent black spray over the reflector. I wanted to keep the headlight stock.

· Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya man they bake them open and paint them
But I just notice that there isn't really that much to paint except on the projector side... Only way I believe would look clean if I got aftermarket headlights with two projectors with black backings.

· Registered
979 Posts
I've thought about doing this too. There are detailed instructions with pictures somewhere (maybe on SL). My biggest concern is when resealing them. I don't want to end up with condensation inside my lights. I keep an eye out on craigslist for someone selling their headlights cheap to try it.

· Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've thought about doing this too. There are detailed instructions with pictures somewhere (maybe on SL). My biggest concern is when resealing them. I don't want to end up with condensation inside my lights. I keep an eye out on craigslist for someone selling their headlights cheap to try it.
Thats my other concern I dont want that either I'll be mad lol

· Registered
979 Posts
If I opened up my headlights for painting, I would seriously have to think about installing halos at the same time.

· Registered
104 Posts
I just want to remove the amber reflector on the side... on my '98 Camry when I got it it was missing one turn signal and the other was just hanging on by its power cord (it was a free car I couldn't complain to much... though having to spend 600 bux in DMV fees due to the previous owner not Non-Opping it.... GAH!!!!) I bought some aftermarkets off ebay that had no amber markers. the lights were there just no colored reflector. I would love that on my xB.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.