Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any headlight replacement kits?

I'm curious what is out there.

With the interest in "old school" conversions, like the Gangster kit and my own general ideas, are there any headlight kits that replace the whole unit with an alternate looking one?

· Registered
1,989 Posts
TartanJack said:
Are there any headlight replacement kits?

I'm curious what is out there.

With the interest in "old school" conversions, like the Gangster kit and my own general ideas, are there any headlight kits that replace the whole unit with an alternate looking one?
I haven't seen any yet... I've only seen where people have repainted the insides and you may be able to find some eyelids or overlays somewhere

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What would be rather cool is a cover replacement that is more form-fitting to the lighting mechanism itself.
THEN, one could either use it clear or paint it body color for a rather different look.
It could look VERY cool too.

· Registered
162 Posts
It would be very nice and a lot easier to replace the whole headlight!!

That's why I'd rather paint mine from the inside.

I just really really really hope i don't mess anything up! (cuz i usually do) :confused:

but if you're lookin for eyelids, i'm pretty sure a local tint shop can make some for you or tint the whole headlight!

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does anyone have a shot of the stock unit taken apart?
I am curious as to internal lenses and so forth.

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks.

It looks like the turn signals and main light have built-in lenses of some sort, but not the "bright" light.

So, a clear outer housing would be needed in some form or fashion. I wonder how hard such would be to make (for an aftermarket manufacturer, rather than an individual) . . .
Probably, a totally new housing might be easier . . .

(Anyone interested in something like this other than me?)

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anyone care to tell me how you took them apart and what glue you used to put them back together?

I am seriously considering painting mine body colour silver.

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

· Registered
51 Posts
I Highly recommend Not using Aftermarket headlights!!!! I just bought some from an EBay retailer. I was super stoked, they were black halos with LED's installed them and then went to hook them up. The connection for the low beams on both lights were the wrong ones. I spent $260 for these things and was highly disappointed. BE CAREFUL!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.