Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep forgetting to turn my headlights off!! :mad:
It was the third or fourth time before I even realized there was a warning buzzer...actually it's more of a "peep". I don't suppose there's a way to raise the volume on that is there?

·
Registered
476 Posts
I have left my lights on a couple of times. The buzzer is too people friendly and is very hard to hear. I always have my battery jumper pack in the back just in case I ever need a jump. Maybe the chime/buzzer could be replace with something from Radio Shack.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's an idea. I'll have the chime replaced with a fog horn :D

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
I had an '88 Chrysler LeBaron with message center. It told you when the lights were on :)

It also said things like "A door is a jar" and "Your keys are in the ignition" and "Fuel is low" among others.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I wonder how many people have complained to Scion or to the dealership that buzzer's volume is too low? I'd really like a fix for that.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I called the service dept at my dealership today and they said all they could do for me was sympathize :eek:hno: So it goes. I packed a set of jumper cables in the storage compartment.

·
Registered
5 Posts
TulsaToaster,
I also drained my batterytwice because of this Scion oversight.
Dealer says it is normal and will not address it.
Guy at work has the gen1 XB and his is normal volumne,
He couldnt believe how low ours is.
Only w/absolute quiet I hear the headlight warning buzzer
it sounds like a faint mosquito sound.

Anybody have pics of speaker loaction, I couldnt find it.
thanks in advance

·
Registered
84 Posts
TulsaToaster said:
I called the service dept at my dealership today and they said all they could do for me was sympathize :eek:hno: So it goes. I packed a set of jumper cables in the storage compartment.
How loud is the "sympathize" fix?

·
Registered
5 Posts
The 'sympathized fix' I got from Dealer was accompanied by violins.
Well, I had a shop install a buzzer for me few wks ago. problem resolved.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here's my idea...send the bill to the Toyota xB engineer who installed the warning buzzer in such a stupid place, a place that muffles the sound. I've had two occasions when I had to call a garage to come and charge my battery. On the second occasion waiting for the guy to come, I missed an important lecture that I had paid big bucks for. It has irritated me so much I am going to buy a different brand for my next car.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Here's an idea, buy a "sone alert" sound unit and connect into the headlite alert system so you can hear it. At my age,(72) I can't hear the frequency or the volume of the existing alert and am planning to add my own unit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts