Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the things I have left to do on the B is fix the headlight warning chime. At my age (71) I can't hear the warning chime that the headlights are left on after the engine has been turned off. The alarm is too low in volume and is too high in tone. Anybody got any suggestions?

·
Registered
164 Posts
My Celica had automatic lights that would just come on when the light got low. I never even hit the switch and then when the car turned off the lights would too. If you could find an aftermarket system that did the same thing that would keep you from having to really think about them at all. I never really did know how they worked but It was super convenient.

Something like this?
http://www.modifystreet.com/Universal-Auto-On-Off-Headlights-Sensor-w-Switch.html

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
one of the things I'm going to look into is the seat belt alarm. It is louder and is more audible than the headlight alarm. I have to first look at the module and see if I can get another one to test it out. Then I must see if I can replace the existing one with the new one.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So far, waiting for the snow to melt, I have done some research on the subject of the headlight alarm. I have found a part that I think will do. Philmore piezo sounder p/n B 820 seems to be the item that will answer my problem. It will hookup to the green wire for lights on the outside and the switch wire on the driver's door for grounding. i have posted an inquiry with a supplier to get price and availability. I'll get back to all when I get an answer from the vendor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.