Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well while washing my baby yesterday I discovered 2 nice little dor dings on the drivers back door.

GOD help the person cause man this being my first new car I would have really had some issues with there car !

I know 2 wrongs dont make a right but I am still p!ssed I can't dicribe the way I feel about this car !

I want to do so much to this thing and the sad part is its just minor compared to some of the cars I have seen on here.

My deal is handling and stereo upgrades I am leaving it pretty much stock maybe add a drop in air filter but its just so nice to get in this thing and drive it.

End of rant. :sneaky:

· Registered
326 Posts
eviljack said:
Yeah it always sucks when you work hard for something nice and someone else who could careless tears it up.
Gotta agree with eviljack on this. I alway park in the most secluded places I can find when I have to go to any stores. Or we take the wife's car. :lol:

· Registered
48 Posts
These cars are pretty thin skinned. Got my first door ding today at a mall and someone leaned slightly on the hood a couple of weeks ago and put a slight crease in it. S%t happens and there's just nothing you can do about it.

· Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Still doesn't make it right and yeah it can be fixed (thank god for paintless dent repair) ! I too try and park way out away from people but we plan things the GF and I ,I drop her off at the front door alot of times and park way out away just to keep crap from happening. I normaly drive 97 F-250 4x4 it sits real high so needless to say it does not have door dings. :rofl:

· Registered
141 Posts
I try to leave the Scion in the garage. The only way it can get dinged in there is if the ladder or the vacuum cleaner falls against it. I figure when it's paid off (in 5 years) then we can take it OUT of the garage and actually drive it! Some short person touched the car with their sweaty little fingers the other day and left a smug. I'm considering running a fingerprint check on it to see if the short person is related to me or not..... :rofl:

· Registered
1,707 Posts
some little short person around here scratched my passengers door w/ bike handlebars (I assume, as it's handlebar height). ALL the neighborhood kids were informed to keep thier freekin bikes AWAY from my car or they'd quickly be sent home. I had it looked at and he said it's too deep to buff out, I'm looking at having to have it painted. :(

· Registered
73 Posts
Thankfully I have avoided dings so far, mainly by parking far, far away (much to the dismay of my SO). It seems, though, that these things are really thin skinned and likely to dent easily. I'm assuming that there's nothing that can be done about it, so caution will remain my friend.

Michael

· Registered
22 Posts
Shancopp said:
some little short person around here scratched my passengers door w/ bike handlebars (I assume, as it's handlebar height). ALL the neighborhood kids were informed to keep thier freekin bikes AWAY from my car or they'd quickly be sent home. I had it looked at and he said it's too deep to buff out, I'm looking at having to have it painted. :(
Yikes! I am sorry to hear that! I got a door ding today, a pontiac sunfire.It creased my rear drivers door barely noticible(sp) but creased none the less.Just gotta be careful and not let it drive you crazy.It comes with driving it, and i'm gonna enjoy it!I wonder how hard the GRM paint is to match??

· Registered
1,707 Posts
THis guy (the guy I had wash/wax my ride) said "his guy" who he recommends for body work could color match anything, but I'd be leary! I also found a rather nice sized paint chip right on the front hood. Good grief, I can't stand to look to closely anymore! :mad:

· Registered
27 Posts
Oh man .. sux big time.. i know what your feeling.. my 08 xb is the first car i have actually bought that is BRAND NEW. mostly bougth used vehincles..
and the 2nd day i had it at work some dumb f*ck decided to hit my door and to make work both sides on the rear passenger..
i swear iw as crying the whole way home with rage... had i seen them i would have...... well lets just say i probably wouldnt writing this threadh now! hahahaah

anyhows.. i have buffed out the scars and so far so good..but man i feel you!

laters

· Registered
55 Posts
I disagree that they are that thin skinned. I had my daughter bump against my door with her bike and it didnt dent it, I was sure it would have with the force she hit it. My wife has a 04 accord that dings pretty easy, I think its just todays vehicles.

Does suck to have door dings. I do a walk around everytime i come out from a store and hope not to see anything.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.