Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, where i live we previously had a lot of frost. I recently noticed that my back windshield wiper as completely broken! It WILL NOT work, wont move nothing. So it just hangs there. WTF? is this a expensive fix. SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
978 Posts
Not sure what frost has to do with it. The first thing I would do is turn the rear wiper on then go to the back of the car and listen for the wiper motor. Is the motor working and the blade not moving or is everything dead?

If the motor is turning then there must be a problem where the arm attaches to the motor shaft.

If the whole motor seems dead I would check for a blown fuse. If the fuse is good, I'd pull the inside of the hatch off to access the wiper motor. Did a wire come loose? Pull the wire off the motor, turn on the wiper switch and check it with a multimeter. Is electricity getting to the motor?

That should narrow down the source of the problem. If you do need a new wiper motor there are some on eBay for $30. You might post up here too. Someone who did a rear wiper delete may be willing to sell theirs.

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Not sure what frost has to do with it. The first thing I would do is turn the rear wiper on then go to the back of the car and listen for the wiper motor. Is the motor working and the blade not moving or is everything dead?

If the motor is turning then there must be a problem where the arm attaches to the motor shaft.

If the whole motor seems dead I would check for a blown fuse. If the fuse is good, I'd pull the inside of the hatch off to access the wiper motor. Did a wire come loose? Pull the wire off the motor, turn on the wiper switch and check it with a multimeter. Is electricity getting to the motor?

That should narrow down the source of the problem. If you do need a new wiper motor there are some on eBay for $30. You might post up here too. Someone who did a rear wiper delete may be willing to sell theirs.
Props. Don't know how to make this answer anymore perfect

·
Registered
325 Posts

I have one laying around here some where, let me know.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Did you get this figured out?

Speaking of wiper breaking, I went out to scrape snow/ice on my wife's MINI since it was caked on and she had to leave. This was nighttime so it was dark. Well I apparently really didn't see the passenger side wiper and the thing flew off the car as I scraped it, doh!!! Thankfully there was no damage to the wiper arm and stuff, just broke some plastic off the blade assembly itself. Got a new one and it's good. Expensive to get the real MINI one though, and had to get the pair. Well at least we have the rubber blades saved from the extras and we can slide those in later if needed years down the road.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.