Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never did post a hello here last week. Sorry.

My name is David and I live in Vegas. I am a retired craps dealer.
I purchased a 2008 xB on June 25th and love the car. It is a Silver Classic beauty that came with the rear spoiler, carpeted floor mats and upgraded Pioneer stereo.
The dealer tinted the windows as dark as legally possible here, and I added a bumper protector and suede dash mat. The only other upgrade I am hoping to do (wife has right of refusal) is adding black rims. Other than that I plan to keep her as is.

I am looking forward to a fun and exciting time in my xB! :yes:

· Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shancopp said:
Welcome!! Very nice of you to give the wife power of veto! Got pix of the dash mat?
Actually, I really have no choice in the matter. ;) I'll post pics of car, including dash mat, next week (I'm still web challenged when it comes to pic hosting, etc.).

The dash mat is the Signature Series version. Here is the site we used.
http://www.global-accessories.com/dashmat/index.html

· Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Shancopp said:
lol...oh no, it's never an option. Just nice of you to publicly announce it! :D
Hey, I've been married 11 years now. I have been broken down, broken in and have no illusions of who is truly boss. ;)

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
"Well, hello, there!"
-Obi-Wan Kenobi

Now, my wife and I have been married a decade now! Best one of my life.
-She even lets me play with my cars (even though I have 2 full size toys now).

· Registered
2,209 Posts
TartanJack said:
"Well, hello, there!"
-Obi-Wan Kenobi

Now, my wife and I have been married a decade now! Best one of my life.
-She even lets me play with my cars (even though I have 2 full size toys now).
You know I want a second car as a fun car. Either something to turn into a weekend warrior race car, or a old muscle car to restore. Or maybe just a car thats specifically modded for showing only. She just doesn't understand why I feel I need more then on car. I am thinking Tartan maybe your wife can talk to her and explain it in woman speak, since I can't get through to her.

· Registered
637 Posts
eviljack said:
You know I want a second car as a fun car. Either something to turn into a weekend warrior race car, or a old muscle car to restore. Or maybe just a car thats specifically modded for showing only. She just doesn't understand why I feel I need more then on car. I am thinking Tartan maybe your wife can talk to her and explain it in woman speak, since I can't get through to her.
My wife knows why I am the way I am about the car and cars in general, she just say I am a man! LOL

· Registered
2,209 Posts
I like the dashmat but upset that the default thread for embrodery is white and you have no other choice. I want black with gold lettering to match the interior. I guess I could just buy a black one and have someone else do the stich work.

· Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
eviljack said:
I like the dashmat but upset that the default thread for embrodery is white and you have no other choice. I want black with gold lettering to match the interior. I guess I could just buy a black one and have someone else do the stich work.
Yeah, we are in agreement about only white being offered for embroidery.
Also, the color of my mat is the smoke.

Here is the link if anyone else is interested:
http://www.global-accessories.com/dashmat/index.html

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.