Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined the board and wanted to introduce myself. This seems like a really friendly place, btw. I got an '09 xB mid July and I'm sooooo loving it! I have worked for a Toyota/Scion dealership for 10 years. I have been the manager for the rental car office there for 8 years so I get to drive a lot of Toyota and Scions daily and every time I got in the xB2's I thought they seemed pretty cool. Anyway, I was not in the market for a new vehicle, but when the a/c went out on my truck I decided to rent one of my cars for a few days until my a/c was repaired (it's too hot in Texas to drive without it!). I rented the xB and couldn't believe how much I liked driving it. It didn't take me long to order one! I wanted the Black Sand Pearl with an automatic transmission and we didn't have one or couldn't locate one so it came from the factory. It came one week earlier than they said it would! Man, was I excited about that. I also own a 1991 Cadillac hearse so everyone is teasing me that my hearse now has a baby. *LOL*

I got the alloy wheels, premium sound, floor mats and tint.

So far I have added:
LED tail lights
Overhead console
Tinted the front windows
Black license plate frames front & back (hated putting the plate on the front!)

I have a list of other things that I want to add as I get the chance.

I still have not named her yet, but here is a pic...

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
"Well, hello, there!" -Obi-Wan Kenobi

It looks good.

·
Registered
2008 xB
568 Posts
Welcome.

Whenever a new name shows up I click on their profile to see what part of the country they're from...just out of curiosity. Seems like there are a lot of NSxB members from Texas. There are also a fair number who evidently don't live anywhere. I figure the ones who don't fill in a location are running from the law, in witness protection, or are embarrassed about where they live.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone! Sorry for the large picture, I couldn't figure out how to edit it after I realized it was so big. ???

TulsaToaster said:
Welcome!
I'm in car rental too....is the XB2 a popular choice for your customers? Just curious.
I usually don't get a lot of requests for it unless they already own an xB, but the ones that I put in one out of necessity usually say they really like them when they return and actually request them the next time they come in. I also have noticed that when I tell people that I just bought one and really like it that they want to try one too. I didn't get as good a reception with the first gen xB's.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
MidlifeCrisis said:
Funny, my box was a rental before I bought it.
Really? Do you know what rental car company it came from? I'm just curious what other rental companies have xB's other than Toyota Rent A Car. I almost bought the rental I was driving but it wasn't much more just to get a new one and I could get the color I really wanted.

·
Registered
180 Posts
The Scion dealer tagged it as a rental, which was useful in the negotiations, but I don't know much more about it. The funny thing is they tagged it as a rental with factory spoiler, floor mats and upgraded stereo. You'd think they'd have rented a more basic model.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
MidlifeCrisis said:
The Scion dealer tagged it as a rental, which was useful in the negotiations, but I don't know much more about it. The funny thing is they tagged it as a rental with factory spoiler, floor mats and upgraded stereo. You'd think they'd have rented a more basic model.
I bet it was a TRAC unit then. I've noticed that we always get lots of equipment on our cars and the xB's and tC's always have the upgraded sound which is nice when we go to sell them. The one I drove had everything I wanted except the color and I would have gotten it if I could have gotten a better deal at the time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.