Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Name is Chris and recently purchased a Toyota Rukus build 2 over hear ( your 2011 ) in stingray metalic... not much aftermarket support hear so mods will be slow....

mods already done
8000k HID set up
debadged the rukus lettering
front windows tinted to darkest legal ( will be getting changed soon )

parts on order all ready are
2011 fog light kit
eye lids
trd strut brace

future plans
removal of a-piller vynal
19inch work meisters
airrunner set up
new stereo setup (current premium is woefull)

thats about it, look forward to chatting to you all

regards

Chris

·
Premium Member
2,526 Posts
Welcome to the site!

I want a ruckus so bad! you guys get leather as an option and we dont!!!!

can't wait to see some pics.

also, if you're getting handling stuff done (strut brace) def invest in a sway bar dude. its like night and day!

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the welcomes,

i like the look of no badges thats why the rukus badge is gone wish there wasnt a curve where the toyota badge is... i can find out how much they are at the dealership down the road if you guys like... the standard leather is ok but something i will be changing in the future... as for sway bars, most likely be going local with them will hopefully be in touch with whiteline australia see what they can get done otherwise i will be looking at the hotchkiss ones... ill give it a wash and get some photos done on the weekend...

Regards

Chris

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Welcome to the family. We are all happy with our cars and love the mods...it's an addiction, you know. Enjoy!
yeah i know how it is, dont think i have ever driven a standard car or hd a standard car for longer then a week..

good news today when i got home from work though, my eyelids have arrived from forjworks and other parts from trdsparks have been shipped out....

hopefully get some pics up this weekend

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ill see if there is any daylight left when i finish work today... see if i can take some pictures and get them up here

·
Registered
368 Posts
Welcome Chris! Sounds like you already have plans for making some great mods to your Rukus. Post some pics when able. I agree with phobic, sway bars over the strut tower bar (unless you ordered the strut tower bar already :p). I installed the Hotchkis sways front and rear and the handling is greatly improved over stock. Ordered them from trdsparks (along with the strut tower bar, TRD springs, Borla dual exhaust). You will definitely need to get a front end alignment if you go with the Hotchkis. Regardless, I look forward to seeing some pics as your Rukus evolves. Best wishes mate!

BamBam
BoxGT1
:biggrin::rolleyes::)

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Welcome Chris! Sounds like you already have plans for making some great mods to your Rukus. Post some pics when able. I agree with phobic, sway bars over the strut tower bar (unless you ordered the strut tower bar already :p). I installed the Hotchkis sways front and rear and the handling is greatly improved over stock. Ordered them from trdsparks (along with the strut tower bar, TRD springs, Borla dual exhaust). You will definitely need to get a front end alignment if you go with the Hotchkis. Regardless, I look forward to seeing some pics as your Rukus evolves. Best wishes mate!

BamBam
BoxGT1
:biggrin::rolleyes::)
yeah sways are next on the list, kind of hard over here as anything you do to the car voids warranty... so just need to way up if i just go all out in 1 area as in suspension and then not worry about warranty on it...

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.