Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy xB folks!

What a great looking place here. I decided to join up today and say hello, seeing as how I will be taking delivery of a brand spankin' new 2008 Nautical Blue Scion xB in about 4-5 days, hopefully before Thanksgiving. I am very excited, yet a bit saddened, because, well, Im a VW man at heart. Been driving a Beetle of one kind or another since I first began driving way back in 1978. My current ride is a 2001 Techno Blue New Beetle TDI (that's diesel if you don't know that one) with only 74,500 miles on it. I get 43+ MPG on average, and a few times I've gone just a tad over 700 miles on a single (14 gal.) tank of fuel. I will certainly miss :( that great fuel milage, but at nearly 30, the Scion's not too far behind. I needed to move into something a bit larger, as my 3 kids just don't want to stop growing. There's plenty of room in back for them, and they REALLY seemed to enjoy our test ride the other night. A few weeks ago I had a conversation with my 12 year old about teh *possibility* of my getting a new vehcile. His take on it was "Just get somethihng cool.". I couldn't find anything cooler, yet bigger than a Beetle, than the 2008 Scion xB. I decided to stay pretty much stock for now, with the only option being heated cloth seats. I probably won't do very much to it, as I was quite taken with it's bare-bones look right there on the lot.

You can look forward to occasional helpful posts as well as the occasional sarcastic witty remak from me :rofl:

·
Registered
67 Posts
I hear ya, I also had a VW TDI Jetta and wish I never got rid of it. If you were in SD I would come look at the bettle for the wife as the TDI's are getting harder and harder to come across. I was trying to hold off on a new car until the Diesels hit the market for 09 with all of the domestic manufactures to help increase their gas mileage, but unfortunately the Van died to soon. However I don't regret buying the xB specially since I found out if I drive 60 I can get approximately 36 mpg!! :naughty:

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi CamSr!
Funny you should mention a Jetta.. I was seriously thinkng about one for a replacement for the Beetle.

I think the xB will turn out to be a fine automobile.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yanges said:
hey boblamb58

congratulations on your new xB purchase - i am sure you will enjoy it and those VW thoughts will fade away soon :)

The wait is awful! Delivery is still 2-3 days off as of now.

I fell quite confident I'll very much enjoy my foray into the Scion world.

But I seriously doubt the VW in me will ever go away.. you should see my house.. I have about 50 (er, make that 65, I just counted) Beetles in various spots right here in front of me on my desk and shelves on the walls above and next me, and a few hundred more on shelves in my bedroom :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hey nothing wrong with loyalty to vw, they make vehicles of excellent quality. I think after you have a scion for a while you will see that scion is a car that is well made, fun to drive, cool to look at and just gives the owner an excellent attitude about their car. When I bought my first gen xb only a few people had them around here. People looked at me like I was flying a space ship ha ha. Many people made jokes about my car and called it ugly but I loved my xb and had so much fun driving it, that I just laughed at them because they just didn't know how cool my car was(& still is).
When you get your scion on a tight twisty rode and you start throttling through the turns you will be a scion enthusiast, I am sure of that.
welcome to the coolest scion forum "it's like a small town in a stephen king novel ha ha".

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
boblamb58 said:
yanges said:
hey boblamb58

congratulations on your new xB purchase - i am sure you will enjoy it and those VW thoughts will fade away soon :)

The wait is awful! Delivery is still 2-3 days off as of now.

I fell quite confident I'll very much enjoy my foray into the Scion world.

But I seriously doubt the VW in me will ever go away.. you should see my house.. I have about 50 (er, make that 65, I just counted) Beetles in various spots right here in front of me on my desk and shelves on the walls above and next me, and a few hundred more on shelves in my bedroom :)
now you get to start a new collection of scion stuff :D

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yanges said:
now you get to start a new collection of scion stuff :D
Is there any of the 08 xB toys out there yet? I've seen gen 1 stuff...

·
Registered
35 Posts
boblamb58 said:
Is there any of the 08 xB toys out there yet? I've seen gen 1 stuff...
I saw one over on Scionlife.com. Also seen pics of similar or knockoff toys such as transformers that are definitely going for the box look.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts