Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I'm Anna, and I'm about to buy a car. However, I haven't made up my mind which one to buy yet. Hope that I will get lots of useful information from this forum.

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
The xB is a good compromise between several areas. It has a HUGE amount of space for its size, excellent performance (power, handling, and braking) for its class and price range, a wonderful support and owners-bonding culture, excellent value of features for its price, and "unique" looks.

Cons: Unique looks (may not always be a good thing), good MPG but not spectacular by modern standards (most owners get mid-to-high-20s in actual mixed use driving). So, if you want a hyper-mile vehicle and not performance, the first gen may be a better buy for you. If you want to hypermile, for that matter, there are vehicles out there that are MUCH better for you than these . . .

As for regular posters on THIS forum . . .
We tend to LOVE our 08-on xBs (nicknamed "xB2") and many are a bit fanatical about them . . .

· Registered
286 Posts
Welcome Anna.

I agree with TartanJack on his comparison b/w the XB and others. I too bought my wife's XB for the same reasons. For the price, you get acceptable mpg (imo), good power, braking, handling and options. I was considering buying a Corolla at first, but once I started looking at the XB2s I was hooked.

One warning though!! Adding extra goodies (i.e. lowering, custom wheels/tires, etc) is addicting...but fun. Good luck. :x :eek:

· Registered
741 Posts
Welcome to the site. Lots of really great people here who are very eager to answer your questions. You're gonna love the xB if that becomes your car of choice. Enjoy the ride.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.