Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I have a 2012 xB. I noticed a high pitched whine coming from my engine when the key is in the on position. I cannot identify the sound and it is constant and loud. It almost sounds as if it coming from my tranny. I never noticed it before. Any ideas?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Or can anyone else verify that they have the same sound?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Other than a pro installed sub woofer and speakers it is stock. I have no mods installed (yet). I have a factory head unit as well. If the engine is off and the key is in the on position I can here it. It is a constant high pitched whine. I can hear it in the cab and it is extremely loud. Like an electronic whine. I can't tell if it goes away when the car starts as it is loud enough to drown it out. As far as questions, ask away.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't think it is the fuel pump. It sounds as if it is coming from my transmission to be honest.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can tell you with certainty it ian't my speakers. It is co0ming from inside the engine bay. I can hear I very loudly when I put my ear between the motor and the intake. so odd...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.