Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
I own Scion XB (2008 ), and as I was leaving from work tonight I noticed that when I started the car - the wipers came on. Thought it was weird but made sure they were off and I kept going. As I was driving, the battery light came on - now I know from bad experience that the battery light coming out can mean that your alternator is about to go out. Oddly enough, I made it home (12 miles or so away). Problem is once I got the car turned off, and it wouldn't even turn back on. In fact, there was no sound whatsoever coming from the car.

I tried to jump the car so that I could at least take it to a shop in the morning and have the Alt tested.

That didn't work.

Went got a new battery thinking that it could be the battery and not the alternator.

Car still won't start. In fact, still no sound and it's not shifting out of Park. Headlights are bright. Interior Lights still come on (via switch, not by Door being open) and the Remote is making the sound but not locking or unlocking the doors. I've looked high and low and NOTHING I searched for online seemed to give me an answer as to what the possible issue.

DOes anyone have a clue as wtf is going on?

· Registered
123 Posts
this advice will sound stupid or make no sense, but friend of mine had the same issue and he had 'kia sephia': battery was new, but wouldn't start sometimes. when i went to forums i found this advice- Turn your ignition key to "on" position, so u could switch your gear from "parking" to "neutral". And try to turn ur car on. If no success, with neutral position try to move your car. That way you will unlock your engine or gear (forgot what exactly will unlock). Try that and let us know. Im not mechanic, thats why i said this will sound stupid, but might help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.