Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'd definitely go with Fog lights. The appeal of the xB is its box look! And adding a spoiler takes some of that natural beauty away! haha...

I ordered fog lights on mine and they're not only functional but very esthetically pleasing.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rhombus said:
I'd definitely go with Fog lights. The appeal of the xB is its box look! And adding a spoiler takes some of that natural beauty away! haha...

I ordered fog lights on mine and they're not only functional but very esthetically pleasing.
that is what i am leaning towards Rhombus!

are they pretty bright or what?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rhombus said:
This car here has fog lights on it...

http://www.thetorquereport.com/2008_scion_xb_gold-thumb.jpg

I can't really find one with a spoiler surprisingly but I know there are a load of pictures on the scion website!
i did not realize that the fog lights were placed where they are - i thought they went in the lower grille area, then i saw these pics i had missed on scion site:

http://www.scion.com/#xBPhotoGallery_modified

some pretty cool modified xB pics and some good spoiler shots too! make sure to look at the exterior link also - has a fairly stock xB with some spoiler pics and some without...

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Eric said:
Those are the 5 axis fog lights that aren't available yet. The only ones you can get from Scion go in the bottom grille... I'd much rather have the 5 axis ones, depending on the price ;)
Ok, now i get it - i did not know those in the vent area were the axis lights...

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'd go with the fog lights. The spoiler is kindof cute, but almost too Honda Civic. Foglight are more agressive - I'd rather look aggressive coming than cute going.

I just don't get the price of the spoiler. It's more than the premium radio which has hundreds of tiny precision transistors and vacuum tubes and such. Or nearly the price of a set of alloy wheels. For a piece of inanimate plastic. Makes the price of the trunk cover seem almost reasonable by comparison. :eek:hno:

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well, i have decided to go with the Toyota Japan xB Aerotourer rear spoiler:

i also like the Toyota Japan xB mudguards:

i would like to have those when i eventually get some wheels...

oh, and these nice looking side visors:

but i am not crazy about the Rumion badge...

of course, this all has to wait till i have some $$$ but it is fun to dream :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
I like the fog lights, for their looks, but also the use of them when needed. I had the spoiler on the xB1, but the standard Scion one doesn't do the same for me on the sB2, plus the cost seems out of line. Good luck on your decision.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
npdxc300 said:
I like the fog lights, for their looks, but also the use of them when needed. I had the spoiler on the xB1, but the standard Scion one doesn't do the same for me on the sB2, plus the cost seems out of line. Good luck on your decision.
i am getting the Japan style spoiler - similar to the Rumion spoiler ;)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Good choice on the spoiler. :yes:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts