Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey do you know if scion can fix my flat ... if its flat? i cant tell if it is just low or if it is going flat. i would put air in it, but the dealership is actually closer to me than any gas station. i have the trd wheels with low profile tires and i dont want to damage them. i am about due for my 5,000 first mat. service so i was thinking of just having them do it all at once. Am i correct in thinking that if i drive with a spare the car would have to get re-alligned?

sorry to ask elementary questions. with my first car i had a full size spare and i never had to drive without a full size tire. thanks.....

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Have you checked it w/ a tire pressure gauge? Is your tire pressure sensor warning on? ...looks like (_!_) ...Have you run your hand around the tread to see if there's a screw or nail?

If it is low, put some air in it and see if it goes down again. If it does, get some air in it and get to an America's Tire Co., they'll fix it for free :)

As an aside, and I don't know if this CA only, but I was told that if you get your tires "plugged" and/or use fix-a-flat, they can't patch it for you because of some fairly new law...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah the light came on last night. i tried to call scion but no one picks up the phone!!! maybe ill just take it in tomorrow for the first service

·
Registered
266 Posts
Any authorized Toyota/Scion service center should be able to fix your flat as long as there is no damage to the tire's sidewall. I actually punctured a tire the day before I got my new tires/rims and drove it to the service center on the spare. After they mounted/balanced my aftermarket wheels, they asked me if I wanted them to try to fix the old tire. I told them not to bother since I knew already it was irreparable and did not bring it. The service center I deal with is always going out of their way to help their customers, and if they offered to do it for me they should be able to do it for you.

Interesting side note... I later went to two separate Toyota/Scion service centers to try and get that tire replaced so I would have a backup set of 4 for the winter, and neither of them had the stock '08 XB tire at their facilities... or their warehouse... or any compatible tire. They said the stock Toyo tire would be around $185 to order and replace. Seemed a little pricey for a stock tire when my new Falken FK452's only cost me just over $140/ea.

Pothole = ( good )^-1

·
Registered
284 Posts
when mentioned about fix a flat, that stuff can damage the
tire pressure sensor. ..just FYI

1 - 5 of 5 Posts