Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, Noob here. SO last night i replaced my stock speakers with some Rockford Fosgate p165 punch. After installing the front left I tested it to see how it would sound. It sounds awful. No bass and when I turn it past 20 it gets distorted. I am still running the stock HU (not the premium) and was wondering if that is the problem. I plan on switching it out soon with the Pioneer 4400 but don't yet have the funds to do so. Is there a factory amp and it is set wrong or is it something else? I haven't switched the rest of the speakers yet because after hearing it I don't want to lose out on what little bass I have with the stocks. I am new to xB's (my previous ride was an SVT Focus) and new to car audio. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
From what I've been reading, others on this forum have similar experiences, they were disappointed with lack of bass after replacing the front door speakers. The bass from the front door stock speakers are pretty decent, that's why I'm hesitant to replace mine. I replaced my rear door speakers first, than added an amplified subwoofer. I still have the stock base 2011 head unit. (I'm on a budget...)

Have you already played with your stock head unit's tone settings? One setting is for what type of car you have (I think the default setting is TC, try the setting for xB) the other tone settings are for Bass and Treble.

On my 2011 I access the tone controls by holding down the lower left button, then when the new display pops up I adjust the Fader/Balance/Treble/Bass settings via the main knob. Your 2012 will be different but perhaps similar. Check your manual.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Thats why you have stock... You need more amp to push more power to those speakers...sorry for caps at work lol

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats what i was afraid of, lack of wattage. I guess I will reinstall stock until I get a four channel amp for the stock head unit and a Bazooka tube.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If anyone has any suggestions on an amp I am open to it. I assume I can hook an amp up to my stock unit for now? I will be replacing it eventually but I am on a budget and it is far down the line in modifications anyway. If it ain't broke........

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Brick, I am pretty sure the entire head unit is different from '11. I have played with the settings a lot. I think I ambjust going to put stock back in until I get an amp.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Any small amps (pioneer, sony,alpine, fosgate) would do to push your mids and highs, just look wattage specs to compare

as for the bazooka, its self powered if im not mistaken... i would try to reseach more on your fosgates. or take it so a audio shop to make sure...wiring is also important for more power....hope that helps

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.