Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow members,

I'm totally new to rotating tires on my own so I am seeking enlightenment from the tire gurus here.

First off are the stock Good Year RS-A tires directional or non-directional? I've tried google but I couldn't find a definite answer.

Also, which rotating pattern from the diagram should I use for these tires?

Lastly, would rotating the tires myself mess up the settings for tire pressure monitors? Would I need to reset anything?

Sorry for the long post. Thanks in advance! :D

· Registered
741 Posts
I do not know if they are directional or not, but check your owners manual or call your local Goodyear dealer.

· Registered
741 Posts
Your tires are not directional. Directional tires will have an arrow on the sidewall showing rotation direction. The tire pressure system should be fine.

· Registered
151 Posts
I used to work at Firestone for 4 years and we would just switch the left side of the car (front tire on back and back tire on front) and the same for the right side of the car. I dont know if this is the best way but we never had a problem!

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I used to work at Firestone for 4 years and we would just switch the left side of the car (front tire on back and back tire on front) and the same for the right side of the car. I dont know if this is the best way but we never had a problem!
Thanks mikey! I think i'll go with your rotation pattern then. It'll definitely make life easier.

· Registered
151 Posts
No problem xBdriven, glad to help! Yea this way is deff the easiest and it will make sure that if you have directional tires or will have them in the future, that they stay rotating in the proper direction

· Registered
151 Posts
Wow 42 lbs. If you get a nice 17" wheel and tire combo im sure you could get close to that weight and keep the wheels as close to stock weight as possible! Nice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.