Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked up a set of 18x7.5 wheels. They have an offset of +50mm. First question is will I need spacers for these? And most importantly, what size tires should I run on these guys? I'd like to keep the rolling diameter about the same and I also really dig the stretched tire look so any recommendations for stretched tires is what I'm looking for. Thanks for advice guys!

· Registered
307 Posts
the +50 offset on that size wheels probably wont need any stretch, since they sit far back (stock offset on steelies is +45). I dont know about the stretch tires, but if you wanted stock diameter the tires to go with are 225/40/18.

· Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks a lot guys! Sounds like I'm either going to do a 205/40 or a 215/40. Just have to decide which one. And I'm assuming that since the offset is so close to the steelies that I won't need spacers? I would like the wheels flush with the fenders.

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
As the steels are only 6.5" wide and the new ones are 7.5" wide, spaces might be beneficial. Aim at closer to 40-35 offset. (add 10mm/1cm)
That said, I have never used spacers . . . so I know squat about that.
Anyone know more than me about wider rims?

· Registered
43 Posts

18x8 plus 25 with 205/40 and 1.5" or 2" spacers. Hopefully this helps you

· Registered
457 Posts
If you want the wheels flush with the fender then you are diffenently going to need spacers, I would say at least 15mm if not 25mm. Since the rear track is narrower in the rear than front i would go 15mm in the front and 25mm is the rear. I used to run 10mm in the rear on mine when I had 18x8 40 offset with 225/40 tire and it was just slightly tucked.

· Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thank you so much Greg! I figured I'd probably want spacers but I didn't have the slightest idea about how big because I've never needed them before. All this info greatly helps! Now just have to save some cash for tires and spacers. The wheels are also just silver so I'm going to get them painted as well. They're OEM off a 2012 Nissan murano. I have a silver xB. I was thinkig simple colors like black or bronze... But I might go wild and do an orange or a light blue/teal. Any suggestions?

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Orange!!!!!

Seriously, Orange looks great with silver. I intended to do orange accents on mine until I got the red door handles off an RS 8 that someone shaved the handles on. Red looks good too, and it has mutated well. But, I still kinda wish I had stuck to the orange. I've been contemplating putting orange back on anyways (orange outlined in red pinstriping/edging). That would mean orange centers (outer flat surfaces) on the handled and careful trim elsewhere to not be overwhelming.

· Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hahaha that's funny you said orange. That's was my original thought. Did you happen to see my intro page?! My last car was an 08 Honda fit sport. It was silver lowered on orange painted Integra wheels. I posted a pic if it in my intro thread. :)

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
It looked good.

The "issue" with orange, good or bad, is I live in South Carolina, home of Clemson. While I love Clemson AND orange, people will think I did orange ONLY because of Clemson . . .
Odd concern, but that plays a factor here.

USC (South Carolina Fighting Chickens- hehehehe) fans would get needlessly upset and it could be a problem, as people tend to LOVE one and HATE the other around here. The red is more "neutral" . . .

· Registered
457 Posts
With the wheels you have I would polish them out and then add a pinstripe at the outer edge of the lip and around the center cap. The orange would be a nice pop of color for that. If you can get it House of Kolors Tangelo is a great pearl orange to work with.

· Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Greg, did you see the pic of them on my other thread? I think theyll look pretty nice on the xB. And just the orange lip might look really nice, I like that idea.

· Registered
457 Posts
Greg, did you see the pic of them on my other thread? I think theyll look pretty nice on the xB. And just the orange lip might look really nice, I like that idea.
Nope, just Googled them to see what they looked like. Since it's a cast rim with soft curves was why I came up with the pinstripe at the edge of the lip.

· Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well to finish of the tires I ended up finding a set of Pirelli 225/40/18. I got the whole set off Craigslist for $. Tires have 8/32nds, so I couldn't pass that deal up!

· Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
for some reason the amount got deleted lol. i got them for $120

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.