Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't know where to post this but here goes.

Ok so today I noticed the passenger airbag display was on. It was advising me the airbag was off thought this was new/odd i cheacked the owners manual and in the manual it says this light comes on (when no-one is in the seat) in the event of a malfunction BUT the srs warning light(the little guy infront of the deployed airbag) also comeson in the cluster but its not on!

no im a traveling sales rep and have often put heavy bags on the seat and had to do up the seatbelt to shut up that warning but theres nothing on the seat and i tried leaving the car on got out and sat in the passengers seat did the seatbelt and everything was normal BUT got out of the car waited 2 or 3 mins. and it still didn't recognise that there was no longer a passenger sitting in the seat it was still screaming for the seatbelt.

I'm still under full warrentee but my questions are as follows; has anybody had this happen to them?

is it gonna be hard to have the dealer take this seriously since only half of the warnning is active?

how availible are parts? i live in canada so there are gonna be some extra hoops to jump through.

Thanks for any insight anyone may have !!!!

· Registered
14 Posts
I have an 09 xB and im sure that yellow light by the passenger side says "Air Bag On" when someone sits in pass seat, it illuminates. It might chime if no seat belt is clicked when there is sufficient weight on the seat (12 or 25 lbs is the sensor setting).

· Registered
69 Posts
i have an 09 XB and have a problem with the light as well.
when i first bought the car both lights lit up and depending
if there was weight in the seat the light would say airbag on or airbag off.
now neither light stays lit?? I took it to the dealer & they say it's fine?????????
let me know what you find out. thanks, Joe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.