Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
long story short i got a bad knee so i need to raise the rolling casket about 2" how can i do it

·
Registered
739 Posts
I'm sure there is a way to raise the body. If you throw enough money at anything it can be fixed. Before you do that, have you tried different ways to enter and exit the car? Do you happen to know a Physical Therapist who might suggest different ways to accomplish this? Just a thought.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Rog63 said:
long story short i got a bad knee so i need to raise the rolling casket about 2" how can i do it
Me two, left knee and leg also. Best bet is to sit down sideways to the seat and rotate around one leg at a time. Get out same way. use your arm to lift the leg in/out if you have to,. I do this on bad days, The step in is getting to be a thing of the past. Another trick is to put head and shoulders in first, righr hand on counsel or E brake and ease in.. They say the seat ratchets up but I have not tried it, for headroom reasons.
Another Idea is to get a inflatable cushion from a medical supply store or comfort cushion like they use on a wheelchair seat They usually come in black washable covers.

My 91 Pontiac is so low I have to piviot both feet out and use two hands/arms and legs to get up and out. I try to keep the top down as mush as possible to ease getting in and out. Good luck, hope you get it fixed or find viable solution.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all for your help yes i go to pt 3x a week and have tried different ways to get in and out but nothing helped. raising up is the only way i see. don't know if they make air shocks for it or not i will have to look at coils too.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Rog63 said:
Thank you all for your help yes i go to pt 3x a week and have tried different ways to get in and out but nothing helped. raising up is the only way i see. don't know if they make air shocks for it or not i will have to look at coils too.
there are air kits but they're about twice the cost of coilovers. It's something to think about though if you only need the car to raise up when you get in and out. kind of like a city bus. which is pretty neat when you think about it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.