Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My xB is my first every car owned by myself..and im having trouble taking out the bulb from the base on my license plate lights..can anyone out there give me tip or a way it comes out

The bulb itself is super snugged inside the base..when i push down to it..nothing happens to it..doesn't come out at all!

Helpful tips is very appreciated right now =)

Thank you!!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
What I did was to take the inside plastic piece off of the hatch. then you can get a set of pliers and carefully grasp the base of each light and then you can twist it out. Once out you might have to carefully remove the bulb with the same pliers ( I would not recommend doing this, but I had to do it to one of my wife's). Then just start the reinstall process. Before putting the plastic cover back on check to make sure that the new lights work. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
286 Posts
What I did was to take the inside plastic piece off of the hatch. then you can get a set of pliers and carefully grasp the base of each light and then you can twist it out. Once out you might have to carefully remove the bulb with the same pliers ( I would not recommend doing this, but I had to do it to one of my wife's). Then just start the reinstall process. Before putting the plastic cover back on check to make sure that the new lights work. Hope this helps.
I just removed exchanged the stock license plate lights for led's and that's exactly the way I did it. Remove the plastic panel from the hatch and remove the light bulbs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.