Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gday Mates,

Just saying hello, im from australia and have had my Rukus for 13months.

Have done a couple of small mods, But after going though the forum have plenty more planed!

Looking up everyones rides, this place is better then pr0n...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Gday.. and show us that Rukus! post up some pics.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I plan on getting some photos up and showing the mods iv done, just need to sort out a hosting site, photobucket only letting me have 5 photos atm.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Welcome to the site!

Looking forward to picts :)

·
Registered
243 Posts
welcome to the site! look forward to comparing the Rukus to the US xB.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
Typed:
//s1109.photobucket.com/albums/h429/nitrobusa/?action=view&current=7206408a.jpg&evt=user_media_share
(http: removed so would post the whole thing rather than a condensed/summarized link)

Type like:
http://s1109.photobucket.com/albums/h429/nitrobusa/7206408a.jpg[img]
BUT, with on the end instead of
Note: end with the .jpg and remove the ?action=view&current= part.

Results in:
[IMG]http://s1109.photobucket.com/albums/h429/nitrobusa/7206408a.jpg

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This forum is different to others i use, cant seam to find the edit button

This is first day i picked it up With my HPI scion XB

Fitted with 18s

Close up of the 18s

Needed more light in the boot (trunk)

Spot lights that fit nice and snug

Testing lights work.
I have Hid bulbs in the high beams, the spotties light up the side of road more & "fill in" what Hid's dont

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks i work as a coal miner and drive at night so want all the light i can get.

There not as bright as the rigid industries ones i had on my other car, i havnt measured up if they will fit?

I also need to get a picture of my "footwell" illumination that was a factory option for yas to look at.

·
Registered
266 Posts

Needed more light in the boot (trunk)
Very nice!

I want to do something very similar, so if you don't mind I have a few questions :confused:

What did you used? LED strip?
How did you wired that? To the dome light or the trunk one?
Any tips on the installation?

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
844 Posts
nice fogs!! what is the lumens output if u dont mind me asking...also where can i find a mini xb dicast model like the one u have?
Yeah,me too. The models that members have talked about aren't really to scale. The one you have looks pretty good.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Very nice!

I want to do something very similar, so if you don't mind I have a few questions :confused:

What did you used? LED strip?
How did you wired that? To the dome light or the trunk one?
Any tips on the installation?

Thanks a lot!
I too wanted more light in the cargo area. I found a LED "dome light" @ Salvo's auto supply store in my area. The head liner just pulls down from the rear tail gate and you can get access to the OEM cargo light's switch. just run the wires from it to your new light. A small hole might have to put in the head liner or you could just run the wires near the edge of the liner,then push everything back into place.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Yep dale basically explained it.

I pulled the side light out and just "piggy backed" the wireing into the switch, it's setup so whenever the boot (trunk) is open the lights come on.
Got the led rope lights off eBay, 5m roll $11.99 free delivery from hongkong.

The fog lights are 800lumins each, there a "euro" beam which is a mix between a spot/spread. They basically throw light up into 30m trees, that's why I have them wired up into high beams, don't blind oncoming traffic

The HPI car is actualy a RC car, I'm a mad RC hobbiest/enthusiast, got it from tower hobbies. I brought it because when I ordered my Rukus was when Japan sunami hit & they had majour problems suppling a car for me.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Yep dale basically explained it.

I pulled the side light out and just "piggy backed" the wireing into the switch, it's setup so whenever the boot (trunk) is open the lights come on.
Got the led rope lights off eBay, 5m roll $11.99 free delivery from hongkong.

The fog lights are 800lumins each, there a "euro" beam which is a mix between a spot/spread. They basically throw light up into 30m trees, that's why I have them wired up into high beams, don't blind oncoming traffic

The HPI car is actualy a RC car, I'm a mad RC hobbiest/enthusiast, got it from tower hobbies. I brought it because when I ordered my Rukus was when Japan sunami hit & they had majour problems suppling a car for me.
Thanks mate!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.