Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why howdy folks. Been watchin here, and other forums, for an xB. and finally got one. I've been a fan of the xB since 02, when i saw in the first gran torismo game and finally getting to see em at the auto show. I still have and wear the free shirt they handed out. plus the demo cd. So i got A 08 used one at that, the day after xmas last year. She had just over 46K on her, but driving 110-120 miles a day, they add up quick.

Live in Plano IL, just outside of what i'd call chicagoland. (still too close)

My 'box' came with a after market sunroof, which i thought was a nice perk, but have come to find its made it quite rattelly, which is a huge pet peeve. The rattle peeve came from the days of doin stereo stuff to rides. She also came with a tow hitch, which is also nice for me for maybe a small trailer for a bike or good camping trip or somethin.

I do have a bunch of plans for her and have already done a couple. Got her all tinted up, now that its leagal here. And have gotten some nice gym shoes for the summer, as my brother (lil bro (TROLL)) has already shown off for me. 18" Platinum Sabers with 245/40's for tread. Ive got a couple other things coming and already waiting in the garage to do. Ill post em up as i do...

I havent been able to do up a car as ive wanted to in some time. So i think 'Betty Duece' is next. My First Betty was a '10 ZX10R.

Heres how shes a sittin now...

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
I was going ti ask if you wanted the trailer hitch as I was shopping for one for a bike rack. I need to get our bikes to the apartment and maybe on some day trips.

·
Premium Member
2,526 Posts
welcome to the site man! box looks nice. Have you had any leaking issues with your sunroof though? Ive heard bad things from a bunch of people who have had aftermarket roofs put in.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,312 Posts
Welcome!!!

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Phobic- Yes, leaked liked a strainer when i got it. Took it to a sunroof place, clean and adjusted, moved the blocked drain tubes, and somewhat better. First car wash gave my daughter a shower from it...
The windnoise when closed is rediculous.

Thanks TJ.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^^^ That boy aint right...

In your best hank hill voice.

But yeh, a twofer

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, shes gone, and yes after only 6 months.

Will start a new thread with details...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts