Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Glad to be part of something great. I bought my 08 Xb about 3 years ago from Seattle Washington. 33k miles isn't bad for an 08 given I bought it back in 2014. 25k miles later and now living in Las Vegas. I normally would not even think about doing any maintenance on my car only because I never tried it and don't much behind doing it. I recently changed my brakes all around along with rotating the tires. It was a project but after it was said and done, I felt very accomplished for being to do that myself. With that being said I am now hooked. I have always wanted to lower it a few when I first bought but then my mini me decided to show up lol. He is older and now I have much more time on my hands. Where shall I start? Any tips and ideas is welcome, all smiles from me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome! I'm new here myself. It seems as though the forum activity has drastically decreased here. However, I'm sure with some searching you should be able to pull up all the info you need. Wish you all the best with your project. Probably post some pics when you get a chance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Upgrades

The easiest first thing you can do is install a cold air intake. You won't get an amazing upgrade to power, but it will feel more responsive and sound a whole lot better. You could even simply remove the 5ft of muffler from the intake in the engine if you want a taste of a cold air intake system. In the end after all the mods and upgrades I've done, hitting the gas and hearing that engine will always put a smile on my face.

P.S.
If you do install the intake, remove the battery first. Not the side panel/bumper some instructions recommend. It will reset your fuel curve, so you may stall out a few times at first, but after about 10 miles it'll adjust and you'll be fine.

http://www.dcsports.com/ColdAir/CAI7044_Scion.html

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Welcome! Yeah the buzz around the Scion xB has all but died. It was pretty active around here when I first got my box in 2011, but Toyota has always only supported the car half-heartedly, and the killing of Scion brand also killed the xB. The most glaring faults are the archaic 4-speed automatic/5-speed manual transmissions and the too-small fuel tank. Although the Corolla iM (the xB "replacement") finally got a modern 6-speed manual transmission (or an -ugh- CVT), it is (in my opinion) underpowered.

Even after 10 years, the xB remains an unique combination of interior space, style, value, and utility. My customizations (click on the link in my signature) are all done, and I still enjoy my ride every day. Have fun with your car! - BrickPig

1 - 4 of 4 Posts