Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have started to lose sleep over this.....my mind has been in a fight with itself for the last 2 weeks.....PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME......

Here is the problem, I want to go lower in stance. I see a different ways that everyone is doing it. DF210s, Ksport Coilovers, Bags......My question is.....for the best looking stance, with the least amount of problems, what would it be???

I want to look lower but I am not looking forward to losing ride quality. I might be asking an unanswerable question but how about I get some insight and opinions.....ohhhh PICS are always good....=):cool:

Here is mine right now: On TRD lowering springs and racing shocks.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx Alf, I see I have used the wrong termanology.....sorry. To Lower the car so that I tuck in the wheel but not give up ride quality, what would you guys recommend?

·
Registered
112 Posts
I've got Ksport Pro Kontrols, I love them to death. They ride very well and I've got a 2 inch drop in the front and 2 inch in the rear. The only thing I scrape is the splashguard and I've had no complaints when people ride in my car.

·
Registered
284 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When I first bought my XB, I wanted to go lower it so I went with the TRD lowering springs. They are nice, just not low enough. Then I saw everyone talking about the DF210's......VERY nice, but I still want to go lower. In this case, would you guys just suggest I go with an adjustable system (coilovers) or go all out and go air?

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
...I want to go lower in stance...the least amount of problems, what would it be...I am not looking forward to losing ride quality...
I've been following this thread from the beginning. To me it looks like you are interested in Real Low but you also don't want to give up ride quality. Also you are not so interested in cornering power.

I don't think DF210s or coilovers will give the low look you want, especially when you say in your latest post about liking DF210s "but I still want to go lower". Going lower will decrease your ride quality because the suspension has to absorb the bumps with very little travel.

In my opinion you need to go to Air. Others on this forum have, and love it. Air won't give you cornering power but does allow you to go really low when you want to, but also pump up to get good ride quality and clear road imperfections when you want to. And it looks like fun. The entry fee looks a bit steep but it offers the most flexiblity.

A couple of threads on this forum (search for "on air"):
http://www.newscionxb.com/153-member-pics/8721-air-oh-yeah.html
http://www.newscionxb.com/153-member-pics/9280-air-show-off-offical-air-ride-thread.html

Have fun, post pics when you're done!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.