Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I just signed up on this forum. I currently have an 05 tC but she's getting traded in soon for an 08 xB....can't wait!!!! :D

So can someone please tell me if the new xB is good in the snow???

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Hello there! Welcome.

Good in the snow... well, it's front wheel drive, got that going for it. And it weighs 3000 pounds.

As long as you realise it's not 4-wheel drive and go carefully, shouldn't be a problem.

Yer gonna love the new one :)

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
boblamb58 said:
Hello there! Welcome.

Good in the snow... well, it's front wheel drive, got that going for it. And it weighs 3000 pounds.

As long as you realise it's not 4-wheel drive and go carefully, shouldn't be a problem.

Yer gonna love the new one :)
welcome to the site SDGECPres! i know you will enjoy your xB when you get one!

as for snow driving, you can also turn the traction control off if need be if tc is causing problems in a slippery area ;)

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
yanges said:
as for snow driving, you can also turn the traction control off if need be if tc is causing problems in a slippery area ;)
Oh carp.. I forgot about the VSC.. would that being on adversly affect traction? I thought it was to prevent slipping. I know there have been a few times when I've gone around corners too fast (accelerating) and had the VSC come on and the tires stop spinning right then and there (well, not *stop*, just get better grip)

·
Registered
172 Posts
I don't like how the traction control stops me from spinning out my tires on a quick start, etc... it's a bit annoying, but mostly because I'm used to older cars that don't have such fancy electronic tech in them...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone....my xB is phenomenal in the snow...btw :D

·
Registered
101 Posts
Welcome!! :D

Maybe it's just me, but my xB blows in the snow!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts