Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I'm new to the forums. I picked up a 09 Xb a few weeks ago so I thought I'd say hi.

edit: thought I'd throw in a question: is there a way to make the dome light come on when you open the door? I read through the manual but it mentions the 1st gen only. Is there no dome light that turns on when you open the door in the 2nd gen? ???

-Trust

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
WELCOME!

Pull up a chair, tell us about yourself and your box . . .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TartanJack said:
WELCOME!

Pull up a chair, tell us about yourself and your box . . .
Hi Jack thanks for the welcome. I had been driving a 2004 Subaru WRX for about 6 years and I finally got tired of it. I traded it in and picked up a 09 Black Pearl Xb with the following mods (installed at dealer)

TRD Springs
TRD Swaybar
TRD Strut Brace
TRD 19" Wheels

I also moved over 2 amps and a subwoofer from my old car and had it hooked up to the factory stereo. I love this car. It handles well, it's comfortable and has better gas mileage. :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Congrats on the new ride & welcome!!!

Your dome light selector switch may be in the off postion move it to the door postion and you should be OK. :yes:
postions should be on off & door.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
joe6022 said:
Congrats on the new ride & welcome!!!

Your dome light selector switch may be in the off postion move it to the door postion and you should be OK. :yes:
postions should be on off & door.
heres the problem. There is no off/on/door switch on the dome light lol. The manual says there is but there isnt. its a click to turn on and click to turn off.

G

·
Hmm are you sure your not playing with the two map lights? They click on and off. The dome light should have a little arm that moves into 3 places on/off/door as stated above.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wave Rider said:
Hmm are you sure your not playing with the two map lights? They click on and off. The dome light should have a little arm that moves into 3 places on/off/door as stated above.
Actually I was lol. I didnt notice the dome light was BEHIND me when I sat. usually in other cars I can see it as I sit down. It's fixed now thanks :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
thats just bad ***!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.