Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a really great web site, I have learned an awful lot about the XB here. So last Friday I finally ordered a Stingray Metallic Xb with manual tranny and I should have it in 2 weeks. Can't freaking wait. All ready ordered weathertech floor mats and side window deflectors and this buying frenzy might not stop for a while...I'm scared. Lol. Since I live in NYC, I do not think I will be getting alloy wheels anytime soon, would hate to wake up and see the XB on bricks. But that just means I will have more cash to spend on other stuff for it. If not for this site I might have waited a bit longer to buy, but all the enthusiasm here pushed me over the edge.
Thanks everyone

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Welcome!

Look around to your hearts content, . . .
Great to have you here.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Welcome. Gotta love that color.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Welcome, I too have a manual tranny. Since it was new (2008) the shifter had been 'notchy'. Around 15,000 miles I installed the short-shift kit, but the 'notchy' feel remained. Just recently around 30K miles I replaced the tranny fluid with Redline MTL/MT-90 mix and it's as smooth as butter now. Maybe the newer ones have been revised and no longer have the 'notchy' feel. However if they do, $30 in materials for the Redline tranny fluid, makes for a great value to performance ratio of a mod.

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
...and yet another welcome! You'll have a great car. One of the reasons this is such a good place to talk about you xB, besides it being model specific, is that everyone here shares your enthusiasm. Here, opinions are just that, and it's all about the car. Have fun with the car and the site.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I will also keep in my head your tip about the tranny oil, hbgti, thanks for that. Already got the mats and window deflectors delivered, just need the car to come in.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.