Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum.

My name is Jason, and I am a student at Cal State Long Beach

First off, I would like to say that after going through blogs and forums, I am very impress with the Scion community. You guys love your cars, are all unique in customizing, and are always willing to give advice to others about anything Scion. I have not seen many car communities who are that close.

Well, I am doing research for my consumer behavior class for the xB and was wondering if any of you xB drivers would like to help me out by answering questions about your car and your love for it. If you guys can I appreciate it a lot. Please answer in as much detail as you can. Provide me the your age, gender, and ethnicity if you are comfortable in doing so. I prefer the answers to be sent to my email: [email protected]. (no spaces, sorry I know I haven't been with you guys long enough to put my email in) Or you guys can just reply to this post if you are more comfortable. I must say though there are a lot of questions. But this class asks for a lot of questions and insight. Thank you everyone and anyone who is willing to help. Much love to all!

How old were you when you bought your first Scion?

What factors led to your decision to buy this car?

What features of the car initially attracted you?

What types of values did you hold dear at the time and leading up
to your car purchase?

How long have you owned your Scion?

What was the biggest purchase you made prior to your vehicle?

What features did you find to be essential once you owned the
vehicle for awhile?

How did your opinion of the car change between the times you
first saw it, to the time you first drove it, to the time of purchase
and there after?

Regarding your Scion, are the price and design more important, or
are the features and statement it makes about you as a person
more important?

Did you first see the car in an ad, or on the street, or was it
owned by someone you knew?

What are some of the most common things that people say when they see it?

Does what other people say about the vehicle affect your opinion?

Do you know many other Scion xb owners?

Does your car have a name?

Would you change anything about the car that comes stock?

If you already have, how much have you spent in modifications?

What kinds of things do you do to maintain your car?

How much time do you spend maintaining / cleaning your car?

Name three adjectives that you would use to describe Scion as a
brand. The Scion xB? Their drivers?

What do you think your Scion has that is better than other cars?

How do you feel about the recent Scion copycats? Like the Cube
and the Element?

Do you belong to any car clubs? Do you blog with fellow Scion
owners?

In what ways has this car made a positive impact on your life?

What is your fondest memory with your car?

What hobbies to you have, if any?

What road trips, if any, have you been on in your car?

Do you have any stickers or modifications on your car

How much time do you spend driving on average each day?

How many people do you have in your car on average? Do you
often offer to drive when with friends?

Do you feel the price is relevant to the features and overall car?

Describe your first memory with your Scion.

Describe the emotions you feel when you see an xB of the same
year as yours with visible body damage.

Do you ever worry about your car getting stolen or damaged?
Why? If so, what do you do to prevent that?

If your car were stolen, would you want it back?

Do you feel that your Scion is a part of who you are?

Does your spouse/significant other like your car?

If your Scion were an animal, what would it be?

Do you feel that your Scion is an extension of your personality?

What do you feel when you see a Scion commercial?

Which word best describes the vibe you get from your Scion:
Competence, Sincerity, Excitement, Sophistication, or Ruggedness?

When purchasing your next car, will the Scion brand be on top of your lists as prospects?

· Registered
979 Posts
Welcome Jason,

I plan to answer your poll when I have time. Hopefully tomorrow.

· Registered
422 Posts
How old were you when you bought your first Scion? 23

What factors led to your decision to buy this car? My friend owned a Scion and just the look was really appealing to me. Plus seeing that they are made from Toyota made me know that the car was going to be of good quality parts.

What features of the car initially attracted you? For sure the exterior. I didn’t know any other cars that resembled all the cars in the Scion family.

What types of values did you hold dear at the time and leading up
to your car purchase? Size because I’m tall and big. I choose the XB because it was roomy and still had a good gas mileage. I felt that the XB matched my personality and style. A good upper sized vechile without the lose of MPG.

How long have you owned your Scion? 2 years.

What was the biggest purchase you made prior to your vehicle? I honestly don’t remember. Probably my car stereo and subwoofers for my car at the time.

What features did you find to be essential once you owned the
vehicle for awhile? The speed. My previous car was a 1992 Toyota Corolla so with the XB having more horsepower for sure made me happy.

How did your opinion of the car change between the times you
first saw it, to the time you first drove it, to the time of purchase
and there after? I really do love my XB, but from time to time I wonder how I would have felt if I got the Scion TC or the Honda Civic si. However I keep telling myself that the XB is a 5 door vechicle which is a plus for a person my size. All those other cars I was attracted to were 2 door cars which would have made the car too small for me and annoying when having someone sitting in the back seat.

Regarding your Scion, are the price and design more important, or
are the features and statement it makes about you as a person
more important? Well the price is always important for obvious reason, with the idea of if you can afford the car or not. However I do believe your car tells you who you are as a person. That’s another reason why I went with Scion. There are so many aftermarket parts for it and customization where you can say “This is my Scion and no one elses.”

Did you first see the car in an ad, or on the street, or was it
owned by someone you knew? I saw it at the dealership.

What are some of the most common things that people say when they see it? Usually how it has a unique style. Want to know what the MPG is, or make some smart *** comment about how it looks like a toaster or space ship.

Does what other people say about the vehicle affect your opinion? Absolutely not. It is my car and they don’t have to drive it.

Do you know many other Scion xb owners? In person no but online yes.

Does your car have a name? I have been trying to think of one. I have a Decepticon decal on my back window so it has to be something from Transformers.

Would you change anything about the car that comes stock? Yes

If you already have, how much have you spent in modifications? A little bit over a thousand dollars.

What kinds of things do you do to maintain your car? I wash it a lot and polish it once in awhile. Vaccum the inside for dirt and dog hair.

How much time do you spend maintaining / cleaning your car? I wash it at least once a week.

Name three adjectives that you would use to describe Scion as a
brand. The Scion xB? Their drivers? Unique, stylish and unbreakable.

What do you think your Scion has that is better than other cars? Scions for sure aren’t as great in performance as lets say a Ferrari or Dodge Vipers, but I think what makes Scions better are the people that drive them. It’s like a community of people that express themselves and their way of life through their cars. However there is nothing wrong with acting like you got a fast car with a Scion. With some modifications they can be pretty fast.

How do you feel about the recent Scion copycats? Like the Cube
and the Element? The cube is ugly as **** and the Element seems more for the outdoors type of people.

Do you belong to any car clubs? Do you blog with fellow Scion
owners? No not any clubs in my area but I do blog.

In what ways has this car made a positive impact on your life? Makes me feel more confident about myself in a weird way. I feel great on the road in a car that I love and it shows.

What is your fondest memory with your car? It was late at night and I was at a stop light. A tricked out Honda Civic pulled up next to me and honked at me for the hint of racing. No one was around and no cops so I said why not. Soon as that light turned green I heard my short air intake kick in and I was way ahead of him. It rocked.

What hobbies to you have, if any? I’m a freelance writer for a magazine.

What road trips, if any, have you been on in your car? I had an internship in Texas so being from Chicago that was about an 18 hour drive.

Do you have any stickers or modifications on your car
Customed Painted Hubcaps
Sony Xplod CDX-GT550UI CD Receiver
2 12'' inch MTX Terminator Subs
MTX 250watt Mono Amp
K&N Typhoon Short Ram Intake
Borla Single Exhaust Pipe
Autopage 2-way Car Alarm

Cobra XRS-9330 12-Band Radar/Laser Detector
Black Sand Pearl Spoiler
Medium Smoked Tail Lights

How much time do you spend driving on average each day? Probably no more than 2 hours.

How many people do you have in your car on average? Do you
often offer to drive when with friends? Usually just my girlfriend or just me. I mostly just drive to work in it.

Do you feel the price is relevant to the features and overall car? Yes I do, however for the same price as the TC, the XB doesn’t come with alloy wheels, however the TC does.

Describe your first memory with your Scion. I was late for work because of how long I was at the Toyota dealership. When I arrived to work I kept looking outside the window at the parking lot staring at my brand new car.

Describe the emotions you feel when you see an xB of the same
year as yours with visible body damage. God I hope that doesn’t happen to me. Also the fear of rust developing just makes me want to pull over and scream.

Do you ever worry about your car getting stolen or damaged? Stolen no because I have an aftermarket alarm system that will kill the engine if it is hot wired. I usually worry about someone stealing my subs in the back or anything like that.
Why? If so, what do you do to prevent that? Bought an aftermarket alarm system, plus I own a couple of guns so watch out anyone who tries to steal my car while I’m sleeping.

If your car were stolen, would you want it back? Yes

Do you feel that your Scion is a part of who you are? Yes and I haven’t seen any other XB’s look like mine.

Does your spouse/significant other like your car? Yes she thinks its cute how obsessive I am about my car.

If your Scion were an animal, what would it be? Hmm maybe a crow, just because it’s murdered out in black.

Do you feel that your Scion is an extension of your personality? For sure. I love the color combination of black and red. My car is black and have a red decepticon decal on my back window. Plus my hupcaps are black.

What do you feel when you see a Scion commercial? I usually check out the cars to see if I can get any other modification ideas.

Which word best describes the vibe you get from your Scion:
Competence, Sincerity, Excitement, Sophistication, or Ruggedness? Sincerity. It is my car and I love it and I don’t care what anyone else thinks about it.

When purchasing your next car, will the Scion brand be on top of your lists as prospects? Yes it sure will be. However I’m learning more about cars every day and Honda and Mitsubishi are getting my attention. But for sure Scion will be the first car I will observe when I have to buy another car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.