Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say hi to everyone here. This is my first scion ever, and my first "car" in a long time. I've always been a bit of a country boy and have been into four wheeling for a long time. I traded my 08 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited in on my 2011 XB Automatic that I actually found used with 7200 miles on it. My wife and I are signing the papers on our first house this month and I was looking for a way to cut costs. I loved my jeep but this was the best idea I could come up with. The XB was the only vehicle I could think of that had the personality in it I liked, looked good, had the room we needed, and would lower my payments enough to make this whole idea cost effective. So far, I love this thing. It actually gets up and goes better than my jeep ever dreamed of doing, I love the sporty ride it has, and I've run one tank of gas through it and averaged 27.3mpg on mostly city streets and back roads...thats almost twice the mileage I got with my jeep! I don't have real big plans for it, mainly just a set of seamless window vent visors and I'm thinking of painting the steel wheels red, adding trim rings and some kind of small hubcap and maybe some big white wall tires down the road (saw them on a stingray metalic xb2 on here somewhere). Anyways, heres a crappy cellphone pic of it for now, its all I got.

· Registered
658 Posts
Welcome to the family. You've already experienced some of the things we love about these babies. Feel free to ask questions, make comments, and enjoy your visits.
Ya... what Hellen said.:cheers:

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We're living in Lebanon right now, probably close to the same distance west of reading as you, but we're moving into our new house in Palmyra at the end of the month which is a little fruther west yet, right next to Hershey actually. We make it up towards reading atleast once a month for On The Border though:)

· Premium Member
848 Posts
Hi afoulk! welcome to xB ownership. I also gave up my jeep for my B 3 years ago. I hail from the Poconos, you should look up the York chapter of Scikotics, great group of peeps! Also, Aug 20 we're having a kampout @ Knoebels if you can make it we'd love to meet you!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.