Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm new to the site as far as membership after months of slinking around... I've got a Silver '11 after my '08 BSP got T-boned in Philly last September!

No real mods yet, but I've ordered 8k HID's for my lows and factory fogs from fastscions.com (Joe was really helpful) and a Borla dual exhaust from TRD Sparks... Waiting for both to arrive and I don't think I can take the anticipation!!!!!

The Grae

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
Welcome to our family...again! Sorry about your '08 BSP. Too bad it was totaled, but now you have a new baby. You already have the incurable modding bug, so keep us posted and post up lots of pictures.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Evil and Hellen4!

Side note: how do I upload photos to an album?

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Welcome and keep us in the loop. We are here to help and really do welcome you.

. . . after my '08 BSP got T-boned in Philly last September!
After driving in Philly in Sept 2008 (several months after I got my xB , helping my sister move from Atlanta to Philly), I can see that happening REAL easy. I was happy and pleasantly surprised mine made it out unscathed.

Oh, and was either B named?

·
Premium Member
2,527 Posts
welcome to the site man. The borla is one of the best sounding exhausts available, you wont be disappointed.

to add a picture choose the "insert image" icon above the box, looks like a mountain and a sun or something, and then paste in the image location.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Tartan and Phobic!

As for my B's names...

The '08 was Black Betty

The '11 is still earning her name...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks rincon and rochester!

OH MY GOD! I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS EXHAUST! got my tracking number and its due here on tuesday.... feel like a lil kid waiting on xmas...

got the front two windows and top of windshield tinted yesterday in Philly... looks good, but there are quite a few very small bubbles in the front two windows... is this normal?

also the tint seems to be peeling back from the edges by the rear view mirror... I know I'm a perfectionist, but this shop came highly recommended and this sh*t is bothering me...

·
Registered
614 Posts
Thanks rincon and rochester!

OH MY GOD! I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS EXHAUST! got my tracking number and its due here on tuesday.... feel like a lil kid waiting on xmas...
I know the feeling, I think the mailman and I are on a first name basis now! Even my substitute mail person came up to me at a photoshoot Friday night to say hi!

got the front two windows and top of windshield tinted yesterday in Philly... looks good, but there are quite a few very small bubbles in the front two windows... is this normal?

also the tint seems to be peeling back from the edges by the rear view mirror... I know I'm a perfectionist, but this shop came highly recommended and this sh*t is bothering me...
I just had mine done and bubbles are normal. The sun should bake them out in a week or so. With the edges near the rear view, are you talking where the black dots are? They told me that just needs time too! Mine was looking better by the dots but the tint shade was off (it looked like bronze and not smoked), so I had them redo it. Now I have to wait all over again.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
exactly... where the black dots are by the rear view... it's peeling back and there's also a spot where the line is off a lil bit... think I'm just gonna have em redo it next weekend...

why am I so impatient? lol

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey Rincon, thanks

The tint was done yesterday (Sat) at 4pm and I dont plan on rolling the windows down til at least Tuesday...

The part that is peeling is by the rear view mirror on the sun strip or whatever you wanna call it

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.