Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Would be the same as on 08s, as they are basically identical vehicles.
So:
http://www.nolimitzind.com/hidxb08.html
That is the site of a member here (who is also a site sponsor). He has accountability to us and could answer any questions you have.

· Registered
30 Posts
not to hate on no limitz but do some search before you buy
some company's have better warranty then others. i actually got lifetime with mine and they are also 55w like oem bulbs

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
I've never had an HID kit, though I have put H4s in a Miata before.
So, I don't really know what makes a good kit.
Of course, before you fork out the $$$$$ for a set, research, get to know what to look for, what you want, a vendores reputation, customer support, and any available into on the product you can. Also, remember that you are buying HEADLIGHTS! Those are something that NEEDS to be working properly for safe driving after dark or in bad weather (rain, fog, snow, or any other limited visibility conditions-> that serve to help YOU see, as well as for OTHER to see YOU).

Jeremy sells a good kit, from what I've heard. Others sell good ones too.
Get the one that works best for you, for the "right" price, and with the BEST customer service you can. Personally, I would rather pay a bit more and get someone that REALLY backs their sold products than get the cheapest available of a particular brand. Many sell and forget after the sale is done, leaving you to the manufacturer for anything in the future.
By reputation, Jeremy supports his products very well, is part of the community (so his people know what he is like and almost know him personally), and sells a higher end one. That counts for a good bit in my eyes.

Please do some searching!
Choose which "works" best for you . . .
Happy hunting!

· Registered
289 Posts
SeXyVaN said:
not to hate on no limitz but do some search before you buy
some company's have better warranty then others. i actually got lifetime with mine and they are also 55w like oem bulbs
55W? That's actually high. I'm just curious, did you replace just the lamps? Does it come with the HV ballasts? An HID kit usually consumes 35W only no matter what the color temp is.

· Registered
30 Posts
the kit comes with ballast and bulbs just like any other kit
they have the 35w option and the 55w
check them out at http://www.retrosolutionsllc.com/servlet/StoreFront
if you buy on ebay you save like 30 bucks or so. they respond well if you need to exchange them but what is great is life time warranty

· Registered
289 Posts
That's funny, I started out & replaced the H11's w/ 35w 6000K HIDs. It was brighter the the 9005 high beams so I ended out replacing those too. Now the foglamps are what's left w/ OEM bulbs.... I think I'll just replace them with mixed xenon/halogen lamps w/ higher wattage to avoid installing another pair of those HID ballasts...

· Registered
17 Posts
ok guys.. i've got 5556 miles on my box and haven't done anything to it yet. i really want to put some HIDs on it.. where do you all recommend buying from?

mobilehid.com - for some reason my browser pops up that that's a malicious site... don't know if that's a bug or now

http://www.aandrmotorsport.com/stor...its/scion/2008-scion-xb-custom-h-i-d-kit.html

or elsewhere? any input would be great. im also planning on grabbing 6K as i've read that gives the best light output with a bluish color.

· Registered
63 Posts
Its simple , one bulb one ballast. If you use other than the white bulbs it stand out and can cause you problems. The official deal is its for off road use. The headlights have to be DOT certified. So, you can spend the thousands for certification or you can just sell them for offroad. Unless your BMW ect you dont put them on as a factory item so you cant put them on later.

The point is if it looks like a regular light only slightly brighter they assume its the dot certified silverstar bulbs and you don't have any problems. If its glowing blue you might as well put a huge sticker that says DOT cops are ***$*&# . In case you didn't know most of the small towns near the freeways have DOT officers now to inspect trucks and they dont mind writing cars too.

My kit is sitting on the shelf waiting for a warm day. Mobil Hid has a few bucks more on the price but he has the relay to make it work without overloading the wiring and burning out switches as it starts up. As they say do your research and then do your buying. Most of the time it costs now or later and later can be very costly.

· Registered
17 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
ok, i got the HID kit from a&r motorsports. the part of the relay that plugs into the OEM headlight plug is kinda ghetto - there's no connector, just two prongs that seem very prone to shortage, so i just covered with electrical tape for now. i was wondering if there was some place i could buy a connector to attach to the positive and negative prongs that will hook up to the OEM connector.

also, i got another set of H11 HID bulbs from a friend, would it be bad if i just replaced the bulbs in the fog lights for the HID bulbs without hooking them up to another set of ballasts? would that burn something?

· Premium Member
811 Posts
I have 8000K HID's and they are on their second car. I had them on my '09 and now they are on my RS 7.0. I got the 8000K because they are "ice" blue which went great on the HTM. Now, they look great on the Murasaki. They light up everything on the road and look great doing it.

· Registered
214 Posts
BobbyBooshay said:
ok, i got the HID kit from a&r motorsports. the part of the relay that plugs into the OEM headlight plug is kinda ghetto - there's no connector, just two prongs that seem very prone to shortage, so i just covered with electrical tape for now. i was wondering if there was some place i could buy a connector to attach to the positive and negative prongs that will hook up to the OEM connector.

also, i got another set of H11 HID bulbs from a friend, would it be bad if i just replaced the bulbs in the fog lights for the HID bulbs without hooking them up to another set of ballasts? would that burn something?
1)just hard wire it dude....it lessens the risk of melting.
2)i don't think so...a buddy of mine have a "franken" hid kit. different ballast, different bulbs, hard wired, when on, looks more blue when warm, warming up color is deep purple. it's pretty...he's had it for about a year and a half and no mishap.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.