Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My HID kit showed up from HIDGuy today. I order the 35w 6000k kit with slim ballasts. The install was extremely easy. It took me 40 minutes, most of which was deciding how to mount the ballasts and zip tie the wires. To put that into perspective, it took me two hours to install the TRD Rear Sway Bar.

Overall the kit seems to be of good quality, although I admit I have nothing with which to compare. That being said, the ballasts still feel sturdy and the wires feel tight in the harnesses.

Their phone customer service confirmed with me twice that I was ordering the product that I wanted, because I didn't want to order the wrong thing and have to ship it back across the country, so kudos to them for that, and for answering a question about the relay during my install. :cheers:

Below are some pictures I took. The last two show the battery and where I grounded the relay (black box). I'm sure the battery tie-down isn't a great choice, so where do you think I should relocate it?

Beam against the wall:

Headlight on:

Passenger Side Ballast:

Battery:

Ground?:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wish I had taken some pics from inside the car with the Halogen bulbs. I can't measure the light output increase now.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The relay harness is used to relieve the current draw demands of an HID sytem during ignition, the current draw is low after they start.. The relay is nothing but a switch that is triggered by a power source....

What's your opinion on that grounding point?

·
Registered
80 Posts
i just bought a pair of xentec 6000k 35watt hids. your saying i should run the relay harness with them

·
Premium Member
2011 Scion xB Release Series 8.0 SoundWave
747 Posts
I didn't need a relay harness in my ride and its been a yr since install. I also have a "Big 3 upgrade" and 2 batteries. lights in my car never dim and the bass is insane with 4 12" subs

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
To the op, was that kit for a 2010 xb and you used it in a 2012?
Asking because just e mailed hdguy and they told me to take picture of the OEM low beam bulb and send it to them ( nearly impossiable for me )
I believe all 08+ use the same bulb. H11 is what I'm using, but I'd check your owner's manual.

·
Registered
66 Posts
On the 2012 lows are H11, highs are 9005 and the "Factory" fogs are H11.

Hope that helps!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.