Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will this make my car a bit louder? if so whats the best one to get?

·
Registered
67 Posts
It may make it louder since you have a axle-back exhaust but you will sacrifice some low end grunt for a bit more power on top. Do you really want to lose that with a 4 banger?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes i took the silencers out of the exhaust. and i just ordered headers yesterday. i just wanna know about the cat because i dont wanna spend 100+ dolllars on one and not hear a sound difference. since thats what im lookin for.

·
Registered
781 Posts
haha, those sound dampners in the tsudo are so stupid. I took mine out ASAP! But I don't think a high flow cat will do much. Just remove the resonator, that will add loudness.
Stupid to you perhaps, but I prefer the sound with them in. However, if someone prefers a louder exhaust, they should obviously be removed.

·
Registered
781 Posts
yes i took the silencers out of the exhaust. and i just ordered headers yesterday.
Just so you know, only one header can be fit to our inline four engines. However, if you had a boxer four or V6 or V8, then indeed, you would order headers (a set of two to be specific) -- they require one on each bank of cylinders.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alright smarty... i know its just "a header". But it sounds stupid to say i ordered a header yesterday. This is a car forum no need to correct people on grammar and all that?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i got the stainless steal strups

·
Registered
781 Posts
Alright smarty... i know its just "a header". But it sounds stupid to say i ordered a header yesterday. This is a car forum no need to correct people on grammar and all that?
Actually, it doesn't sound stupid at all, it sounds as though you know what you're talking about. Many people don't understand that a header is a header not headers. Is it wrong to inform them?

·
Premium Member
2,526 Posts
Stupid to you perhaps, but I prefer the sound with them in. However, if someone prefers a louder exhaust, they should obviously be removed.
with them in the only sound I head was drone on the highway, with them out I could actually hear a difference, but I do like a louder exhaust, but not obnoxious like some people I know who are running basically a straight pipe out of their B... its so loud haha

·
Registered
422 Posts
My CX-Racing exhaust is loud just on it's own :)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What im trying to tell you is that i know wtf im talking about. I know its one header. Your making this big for no reason just chill.

·
Registered
781 Posts
with them in the only sound I head was drone on the highway, with them out I could actually hear a difference, but I do like a louder exhaust, but not obnoxious like some people I know who are running basically a straight pipe out of their B... its so loud haha
I was originally just looking to balance the sound of my CAI (similar level fore and aft) and the Tsudo dual did that nicely with the trumpets in. However, over the last year I've made more under-the-hood mods and people tend to notice my exhaust sound even with the trumpets in :p!

·
Registered
781 Posts
Try searching for TRD quickshifter but would work well with the upgraded exhaust. I just read about the 2011 version and planning to have it this Christmas. On the other hand, i have no problem with the previous one…
Thanks, but given the thread and your reference to a 2011 version, I think you mean the TRD CAI, not their Quickshifter. If I'm right, then I wouldn't recommend replacing an original TRD CAI with the 2011 version. If you really do mean the Quickshifter, I personally wouldn't touch it, too many find it to result in notchy shifting. I'm entirely happy with my own sport shifter :)!

·
Registered
844 Posts
i got the stainless steal strups
I've seen pic's of several headers that are chrome or stainless steel, my question is, do they turn blue-ish after a while (like on a motorcycle) from the heat?

·
Registered
783 Posts
I've seen pic's of several headers that are chrome or stainless steel, my question is, do they turn blue-ish after a while (like on a motorcycle) from the heat?
After being heated up and cooling down multiple times they'll start to change colors, yes. I've heard that if you handle the header with your bare hands it will turn a different color, compared to if you wear gloves, due to the grease from your hands.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've heard that if you coat the inside of the header with oil it prevents the header from turning bluish in color. This is a trick the motorcycle guys use. Perhaps some of the other members that have herd of this will post on the results that they are aware of.

Chuck

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.